Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just purchased a beautiful and almost entirely stock `08 Bullitt that has two curious additions. First, instead of the pony center caps, it has Bullitt logo center caps on all four wheels. Second, over the accessory port on the dash it has a Bullitt logo plug (one that fits very tightly, I might add).

Any idea where these would have come from? I assume that the center caps were not a factory or dealer option. Likewise I assume the accessory port plug is also an aftermarket add on. Interestingly, the window sticker for the car clearly lists "Pony Center Cap" under the Optional Equipment heading. Hmmmm.

Lastly, if I wanted to get original pony caps for the wheels, my guess is that the caps used on the Euroflange wheels were the exact same as the caps used on the standard Mustang GT wheels--can anyone confirm that? I probably wouldn't swap out the existing caps, since they look pretty cool. I just want to have the "originals" with the car if I can.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.
Dr. Blank

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Various places offered speciality Bullitt pieces and parts when the 2008 / 2009 Bullitt's came out, I have a set of "Bullitt" center caps stashed that were on a set of original wheels I bought several years ago, On In 60 made them and I bought the last one they had for a spare.
Mine are chrome like the original ones.
You can still buy the "Pony With The Tri Bar" center caps from Ford, they are still sending them with their Ford Racing wheels.
The Bullitt power outlet cover looks cool, first I've ever seen and they seem to match your center caps, probably made by the same company.

Gary
IMG_20210209_145726958.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
as posted onin60 probably sold them. i have a set on my car.
i wished i bought a set of the dross hair center caps without the bullitt letters in the center.
anybody have a st of them laying around?

i think someone is making them again. they are slightly different where the logo floats and stays upright when parked.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Those are for the 2018 / 2019 Bullitt's and are made in England by 5 spurs, pricey but extremely well made, I put a set on my Bullitt wheels I'm currently running on #5414.

Gary
IMG_20210224_181308214.jpg
IMG_20210224_181318874.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input folks! Those floating center caps sound pretty neat. I'll leave my existing caps in place, but I'll get the pony/tribar caps from Ford just because.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts