Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post. I have been reading the posts on BON for some time and now here. I just registered here because I had to pass this along. At lunch today I saw my first fake Bullitt! It was a silver GT. What caught my eye was the fact that it was silver and when I looked at the back end where the GT badge should have been I saw BULLITT. I couldn't believe it. The front calipers were even painted red (minus the silver pony).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2004-01-14 11:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was afraid this would happen. How lame. It is kind of ironic, the only people who would really be impressed by the nameplate 'Bullitt' should be smart enough to know that this isn't a real one. If you can, take a photo of it, and in the spirit of Lt. Frank Bullitt I'll start a web page of the most heinous violaters of the spirit of Steve McQueen, fakebullitts.com. :wink:

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Very possible this was a Ford Prototype. Did it have a manufacturer license plate?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No manufactures plate. This was someones personal vehicle. I would have spent more time looking at it if it was a prototype. This was just a copy cat.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Ya know, I have said this before and so have others, but this post once again makes me think silver should have been a Bullitt color..ya know, silver bullitt and all. I can also see the black, but the blue I really do not get. I wonder why they picked it. No offense to blue owners, its a nice color and all. Okay, I will admit that I feel green should have been the only color, but thats why they got 31 flavors at Baskin Robbins. Over all I just glad they built the Bullitt in the first place. I would have bought a GTO if the 99 concept had happend and been toned down just a bit, and in all reality I am still shocked the Bullitt came out. I still wonder why the color options though...I mean, would anyone want a 2001 Smokey and the Bandit tribuit TA in red or a General Lee Dodge Intreped tribuit car in purple (hmmm, scratch that totally, who would want a General Lee Intreped anyhows, bad example)?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I like Ivan's idea of a Fake Bullitt Site. We need to come up some sort of Ticket we can put on their windshields, too. Saw a site recently that ticketed ricers for their gawdy stickers and ground effects. We should do something similar.......

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-06 18:35, Dillo Dave wrote:
I like Ivan's idea of a Fake Bullitt Site. We need to come up some sort of Ticket we can put on their windshields, too. Saw a site recently that ticketed ricers for their gawdy stickers and ground effects. We should do something similar.......

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm.. very cool. I am working on a program to upload pics, and I am handy with Illustrator and Pagemaker. I might try to come up with a "Bullitt" ticket, upload it in PDF and allow people to print copies and assign as needed. :smile:

GREAT idea!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah WE don't need any fake ones rolling around to confuse the already confused public! The other day while cruising the Blvd., a guy in his 20s pulls up in a 99 Mustang and ask,"Hey is that a Bullitt"? "I saw the green colr and those red calipers". I replied," Yeah son,it's the real thing",then cracked down on the throttle!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Found that website I was referring to earlier: http://www.ricecop.com

They have RiceCop tickets you can buy. Perhaps someone can modify one of those, or make our own based on thier design. I think our tickets should have Nasty's Frank Bullitt pic on ours.....

DHG #0428

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillo Dave on 2001-06-07 07:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
223 Posts
On 2001-06-06 18:35, Dillo Dave wrote:

GREAT idea!

Bullitoid

You are one sick individual. I really got a kick out of this post.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't seen any fakes yet, but I spoke with a guy at a local car show who was telling me he saw a Bullitt at a dealership in February. I told him that was impossible and asked some more questions. It was apparently a black GT with the Bullitt style wheels. The dealership had applied rocker panel stipes that said Bullitt in stead of Mustang! Talk about shady and shameless!

I do know that some aftermarket outfit sold something like 5,000 or 6,000 chrome knock offs of the Bullitt lettering. They were chromed plastic and tied together rather than individual letters, but they sold out of them! So they must be somewhere out there.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Maybe we should buy out all the aftermarket Bullitt parts and either store them for our use, or throw them into a fire!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-06 13:30, DHG #1302 wrote:
This is my first post. I have been reading the posts on BON for some time and now here. I just registered here because I had to pass this along. At lunch today I saw my first fake Bullitt! It was a silver GT. What caught my eye was the fact that it was silver and when I looked at the back end where the GT badge should have been I saw BULLITT. I couldn't believe it. The front calipers were even painted red (minus the silver pony).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2001-06-07 17:11 ]</font>
memories...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The way I look at it, imitation is the sincerest for of flattery.

Obviously, these guys would love to have a Bullitt, but they don't have one so they try to make their cars look like one.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it unless they are actually trying to pass it off as a "real" Bullitt to some unsuspecting buyer. That wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
i see it was being good that people want a bullitt. i think its cool, as long as they dont try and pass it off as a real bullitt or put bullitt badging on it then we should all be happy. i'm making my t-bird to look kinda like a bullitt but there wont be any bullitt badging on it only ford and T-bird.

thats wat i plan on doing to my t-brid.

·
Car Whisperer
20,826 Posts
I have to agree with Bullit_1535. Imitation is flattery, and more importantly, there are only so many Bullitts to go around. Even with various ones for sale at different times, that does not mean there will be one within either geographical reach or financial reach. Lastly, I don't think anyone critisizes the Cobra kit cars or the like in that they aren't real Cobra's. As long as someone is not committing some kind of fraud involved to sucker someone into thinking they have a Bullitt for sale.. who really cares? I say whatever floats your boat is ok.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonBullitt on 2004-01-14 16:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
922 Posts
On 2004-01-14 09:01, Bullitt_5135 wrote:
The way I look at it, imitation is the sincerest for of flattery.

Obviously, these guys would love to have a Bullitt, but they don't have one so they try to make their cars look like one.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it unless they are actually trying to pass it off as a "real" Bullitt to some unsuspecting buyer. That wouldn't be right.

I guess you guys would hang me if I went ahead and put a Bullitt Badge on my Mustang huh? Go ahead and make a fake bullitt ticket for me and email me when its ready..lol.

I'm not going to just paint my calipers red. I've got a whole Brembo set up coming and I've even located a Bullitt Honeycomb grill that I might pick up. But I'd never argue with a real Bullitt owner as to my Mustangs legitimacy.

Like somebody else said, they sell Cobra kits and now Mach 1 kits. And I dont see that many people complaining when someone takes an old Mustang and models it after a Shelby....so what's the difference?

And I know I'll never sell my stang so its not a question of pulling a fast one on somebody.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
On 2001-06-06 13:30, DHG #1302 wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2004-01-14 11:48 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>did it look like this???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axemanj3 on 2004-01-14 16:58 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 33 Posts