·
Registered
7,944 Posts
SWEEEEET ;-). Thanks Greg.

Bud

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Hmnnn...the guy that posted that is at a dealership right down the road from me..I'll have to check it out..:)..nice find Greg!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Calling it DHG again. So I guess that means it will not match up to the Highland Green color from 68 one more time.:frown:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually, I think it has been renamed simply "Highland Green", but evidently is the same metallic green seen on the '01s. You'd think getting the color right would not be a big deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wolfsburg said:
Actually, I think it has been renamed simply "Highland Green", but evidently is the same metallic green seen on the '01s. You'd think getting the color right would not be a big deal.
I'd have to agree with most on this. it's clearly a lighter shade maybe ford thinks the darker shade will sale better? I for one am not pleased that there going with the DHG. and in the current issue of Hot Rod mag there indicating it maybe offered in red? a little far off the mark. I wonder what the total numbers will be like for that one. I read somewhere only Highland Green, Black was the only colors offered.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,030 Posts
Hummm, I thought Ford said in 2001 that they will never produce another Mustang in Dark Highland Green. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Hummm, I thought Ford said in 2001 that they will never produce another Mustang in Dark Highland Green. :confused:
They did. Art Hyde told us that at the go cart track when we went racing during the Centennial there would never be another Mustang painted DHG. :roll:

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
No say it isn't so....Ford lied?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The reason they are going with highland green is because then they can say yep we are keeping are word and not doing another dark highland green :(

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
GreggVH said:
The reason they are going with highland green is because then they can say yep we are keeping are word and not doing another dark highland green :(

give that man a cigar..... legalities brutha...... same as possibly with color code
and a very MINOR pigment change

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I thought that BOTH PX and PY meant DHG.

It looks like the new Bullitt will be the same color as the original.

Wadaya think?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yep Texas Bullitt nailed it on the head it's all about legalities . Change the color formula a little, the paint code and the name and there you have it. Heck to really cover thier tracks they can change the names of the mixing colors and the formula for those colors and you would never know unless you were a painter working in a body shop and did your formula research and knew your colors.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
They did. Art Hyde told us that at the go cart track when we went racing during the Centennial there would never be another Mustang painted DHG. :roll:
Art said it and meant it .... back then.

However, I do not think there is any LEGAL barrier that would prevent Ford from painting the new Bullitt DHG.

DHG has two paint codes for a reason I don't understand: PX and PY.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Could be the chemical formula for paint code PX would not work at the Auto Alliance plant where the mustang is now built. Remember, our beloved '01 models were built at a different plant (Flat Rock if I remember correctly) and the process for building cars has changed a little in 6 years. Could be they have a different process for applying the paint that PY would not have worked with. or it could be I'm full of crap...:shock:

·
Administrator
6,222 Posts
installermarc said:
Could be the chemical formula for paint code PX would not work at the Auto Alliance plant where the mustang is now built. Remember, our beloved '01 models were built at a different plant (Flat Rock if I remember correctly) and the process for building cars has changed a little in 6 years. Could be they have a different process for applying the paint that PY would not have worked with. or it could be I'm full of crap...:shock:
The AutoAlliance plant where the Mustang is built currently is in Flat Rock, MI. The Dearborn Assembly Plant was the previous facility, located in Dearborn, MI.

AutoAlliance is a more modern plant than Dearborn Asssembly was, so if any plant could handle the color, it would seem to be this one could.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
MrStangman said:
Yep Texas Bullitt nailed it on the head it's all about legalities . Change the color formula a little, the paint code and the name and there you have it. Heck to really cover thier tracks they can change the names of the mixing colors and the formula for those colors and you would never know unless you were a painter working in a body shop and did your formula research and knew your colors.
Personally I think the DHG on the 2001 is the best shade of green I've ever on any vehicle. That paint just sparkles day after day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts