Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a custom chip from Paul's High Performance but I need the computer code. Could some of you check to see what your computer code is (it can be found on the passanger door just above where it locks) and post it. If it looks like everyone's is the same I'll use it to have my chip custom burned. I would check my own car but the it is still in transit somewhere on the atlantic. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
roush, here's what i found
1st line = a BAR CODE
2nd line = 1R3A-AB NPEF 104173
3rd line = KSG1

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-07-10 12:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mystang99, KSG1 is the computer code.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
What exactly is a custom chip? A chip made for your specific mods? If I don't have any mods other than a K&N should I buy a stock chip? Is a stock chip better than the original that came with the car? I know I have alot of questions but I'm new to this aspect and want to do the best thing for my Bullitt. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DHG#1302 a custom chip is to make your car perform better with additional mods that you might have made. In my case, I have long tube headers with an off-road H-pipe 3.73 gears and once the car arrives I will be mounting 18" Torque Thrust II's on her. Additionaly, I will be using premium fuel. Because my car is naturally aspirated it will still run without the chip, however, a correctly programmed chip can maximize the performance of those mods. Also because of my gear and tire change the only way to get a correct speedo reading on the car is with a chip. There is a box that you can buy which plugs into the coomputer harness however, I have been hearing negative things about it. As for the stock chip, basically it just allows you to use premium fuel and for cars with automatic gearboxes it usually provides better shift response. Unless you find a chip tuner who absolutely knows what there doing and offers free upgrades when you upgrade I would only recommend that you get one after you have made your mods. By the way if you ever supercharge your car you must have a chip and heed this warning, only get a chip that has been programmed while your car is on a dyno.

·
Registered
543 Posts
KSG2 is the computer code for #02731.

John

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
My code is KSG1 also. I am having Paul make up a chip for mine,in mostly stock form. It should give the optimum advance and fuel curve for best performance on premium fuel.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
what is the difference between KSG1 & KSG2??
does that mean there is a difference in program?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah I took note of that also. Did you note the Bullitt ID number! Very interesting. Wonder if the later ones are any quicker/slower..

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Mine (1161) says "KSG1", but I can make the 1 into a 2 if that will make it faster. :wink:

Mike

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I wonder at what point they made the switch.
If there is a difference then it should be upgraded to match. Any one privy to production information know?

·
Registered
899 Posts
1035 is KSG1 also...

Rarecat

·
Registered
543 Posts
Initially I had trouble getting a Superchips chip because Ford had not released the code for KSG2 to the chip companies until June 26th.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine also has KSG1 but I got a KSG0 from work. I'll see if I can find out about the KSG2 after shutdown. From what I was told the difference between the KSG0 and KSG1 is something about the "toe in" in the throttle response area.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
so KSG1 and KSG2 ARE different programs???where did KSG0 come into play???

HEY, FORD PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!!!!!
what is the difference in our computer programs.... this is bugging me!!!!!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
where can I get in touch with this paul to see about a chip? I spoke with the folks at superchips...I am not sure if I am that impressed with them , they didn't seem to want to take the time to answer questions etc....just take an order. anyone have any input ? ideas? chip worth it or not? who is the best to dealwith etc..thanks

1 - 20 of 71 Posts