Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay In all the pix I have of the Bullitt Concept car the car doesn't look as dark as the production model. Is the Concept just Hyland Green not Dark Hyland Green? It also seems to have more metallic flake to it. I am probably getting 0754 repainted again soon due to a couple small things and bad water spots. Might as well finish up my goal to replicate the Bullitt Concept. Anybody have a paint code for this thing?

Might get somebody to airbrush my gas lid like this too.

Any thoughts?

Oh and if only I could find this wheel

Maybe a 2005+ wheel could be adapted.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should be able to replicate the look except the mustang lettering on the rear bumper(unless airbrushed), rear trunk lid spoiler(don't want it) modified trunklid around liscense plate(too much body filler or fiberglass). also i still want to keep my DD wheels and tinted windows and Mach chin spoiler. Also trying to figure out what to do about the long thin hood scoop and brakes. it is using some Wilwoods or Brembos so I don't know it pulling the OE Bullitt calipers would be Cosher.

soo far I have the 03' cobra style rear bumper with shaved side reflectors and lettering, Same exhaust tips, Shaved C scoops, Shaved Antenna, Shaved Ford Emblem, shaved fender badges, Black gloss smoothed mirrors and cowl, Mesh grill and 18" wheels. Should have the smooth side skirt look soon too if these dang Cobra side skirts show up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think it is just the lighting, that makes that color look different.
That wheel is killer!!! That would be bad!!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
You could always check with Scott Hoag of MRT. Arty Hyde as well, I think Art is still at Ford. They may be able to tell you more about the prototypes. Or Mr. T AKA Nick as well.

Hope this helps.

Bud

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I had my Gas Cap etched to match the concept car when I first got mine.

I thought that was the coolest feature. Still think so today.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Where did you get the gas cap etched at? Looks very nice, since I bought #00013 I have been trying to figure out how to get it done to match the concept.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I maybe wrong, but isn't the new 07 dark green (if that is in fact the paint that is used) truck color different from the truck color used back in 01? So the new DHG PY would look similar, but be ever so slightly different from ours?

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I just received confirmation from Scott Hoag that the color is DHG PY.
PY!
PY!
PY!
PY!

lol

:bigguns:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I maybe wrong, but isn't the new 07 dark green (if that is in fact the paint that is used) truck color different from the truck color used back in 01? So the new DHG PY would look similar, but be ever so slightly different from ours?
The Dark Highland Green color was "retired" by Ford as a color for Mustangs. It was then, and continues to be now, available as an F-150/F-250 truck color.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SmokinBullitt said:
This is a different pic of the concept Bullitt. It definitely is Dark Highland Green. The color code is PY.
Wow! I justy noticed that they cut the whole section under the hood scoop out. Maybe I can do the for cooling the intake manifold and have the scoop molded to the hood. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........

Oh and PY it is. Gonna get rid of the 2 tone on the hood and fill the holes where the Mach1 delete bolts down on the bumper cover. I can use my custom grill I currently have or just make a new one with the same black mesh and floating pony.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts