Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know for whom - assuming it is a person - "Bullitt" County in Kentucky is named?

Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
On December 13, 1796, Bullitt County was named for Kentucky's first Lieutenant Governor, Alexander Scott Bullitt. Settlers had already begun to settle in this area years earlier, due to the wonderful roads laid out by the herds of buffalo, deer and elk that migrated to this area for the salt as the largest lick in Kentucky's history, Bullitt's Lick was named for Captain Thomas Bullitt who found it on a surveying expedition in 1773.

Alexander was a nephew of Captain Thomas Bullitt, who must have been a revolutionary commander.

Around the turn of the 20th Century, The Beam Family discovered the smoothness in the limestone water in the Clermont area and began making Jim Beam Bourbon. Today, after more than 200 years of continuous operations, the Jim Beam Distillery at the American Outpost still produces one of the most popular Bourbons in the world.

Here's to you, Governor Bullitt!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-11-18 23:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Question for anyone who can answer.

I tried to do a Trip Planner from my home to a Bullitt County, KY but it only brings up Bullittsville, KY...same or different????

Thanks,
Bubbles

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Bullitt County is just south of Louisville on I-65. From St. Louis, you would take I-64 east and then go south on I-65 at Louisville. It looks like about 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
St.Louis Road Trip!!!!!!
Dona, we'll leave at the same time and see who gets there 1st!!! -LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts