Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post up your Bullitt errors if you think they are genuine mistakes from the production line
and not removed or altered later. I thought it would be nice to see what comes back as some are modding our cars and Ford could not tick off our changes with any accuracy.

Example: Did you get the GT chrome corral arond the grill Pony
Do you have GT glass where the 'C' pillar is
Did you get the GT 'C' pillar moulding
Do you have the Bullitt with the V6 Hood etc.

Mine missed the subframe connectors and there are no marks at all to say they have ever been fitted.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I doubt it was a factory flaw, but mine had a chromed pony corral when I bought it in 05. Took me a couple months to figure out what people were talking about when they said "blacked out pony corral" lol.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Mine was built with a GT C-pillar window on the driver's side.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think everything is good on mine, What does the GT c-pillar glass look like? I'm pretty sure mine is the same but to be honest I have never looked.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
No errors on 1633. and the gt glass and BULLITT glass are completely different.

Here is a GT window C-Pillar

Here is the bullitt Window C-pillar

The actuall shape of the Molding around the widows are completely different.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Mine was missing Bullitt on the Trunk lid but was installed later by the Dealer too low

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine has a GT window on the left side with the correct C-pillars. Dealer will not do anything for me. They told me maybe it may be worth more, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FL#JJZ109 said:
Mine has a GT window on the left side with the correct C-pillars. Dealer will not do anything for me. They told me maybe it may be worth more, LOL!!!!!!!!!!
One of the reasons I started this was for me to see who else has errors
but also to highlight poor quality control in case they pull this again on us in 2008

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
FL#JJZ109 said:
That is pretty much what happened to me until we had a car show at a stealership. The Service Manager was there talking his department up with a crowd. I told him about it with everyone around and he said that they could do it. I didn't hear from him for several weeks and figured that he was full of it, but then suddenly I got a call that the part was in and they fixed it!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jimmy Ray said:
Mine was missing Bullitt on the Trunk lid but was installed later by the Dealer too low
Can you believe that Jimmy Ray missed one of the MAIN external features of our cars !
I went past a school this afternoon and several kids started shouting, "BULLITT, BULLITT"

They had no idea what my car was they were just reading it from the trunk............

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
When I was looking seriously last year I found a couple of Bullitts that were less than specimen perfect. But there is no accounting for used Mustangs in the hands of the wrong people. So, I found one with a spoiler, one with flat paint under the hood yet had the sticker. And one with the Mach 1 seats...?

Needless to say, I didn't buy any of them. And 1152 is a perfect Bullitt specimen.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Mine might be called the "High Bullitt" since the Bullitt trunk emblem on #0776 sits about an inch higher than any I have ever seen in person or in print.

I figure the installer had a few brews during lunch and then got to this car.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
Mine might be called the "High Bullitt" since the Bullitt trunk emblem on #0776 sits about an inch higher than any I have ever seen in person or in print.

BTW the build date was April 1, 2001 - April Fools Day!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I think i mentioned this in another post but 1543 came from the factory with a minor blem in the drivers door that can only be seen from one angle. I was ask if i wanted it to be fixed before i took delivery and i said no because they would not be able to match the factory paint job.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
And then there was the member that had a GT engine/intake and didn't even know it until he joined the club and started looking at pictures of engine bays posted here. :eek:

He ended up selling it.....

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FCMCBULLITT said:

FCMCBULLITT said:
BTW the build date was April 1, 2001 - April Fools Day!
Over here we call that a Friday afternoon car, I know I have had several myself..........!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
DHGBULLITT said:
I think i mentioned this in another post but 1543 came from the factory with a minor blem in the drivers door that can only be seen from one angle. I was ask if i wanted it to be fixed before i took delivery and i said no because they would not be able to match the factory paint job.
Why wouldn't they?

I had about half the car repainted, then buffed, then repainted again underwarranty.
I was told the extreme orange peel it had was "normal for a Ford". When I told the dealer that I ran a website and I'd post his quote with pics of the car he said "when would you like to drop it off". :grin:
Much better now....for ford paint at least.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr.BULLITT said:
No errors on 1633. and the gt glass and BULLITT glass are completely different.

Here is a GT window C-Pillar

Here is the bullitt Window C-pillar

The actuall shape of the Molding around the widows are completely different.
Yes the mouldings are different but the glass will swop between Bullitt and GT
But the black edge on the glass should follow the shape of the moulding
as I posted above in my earlier post. 2 different windows in the same car
but both with correct Bullitt C moulding.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts