Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when I got my 99 Mustang, Ford sent a very nice box with a book, keychain and great cds. Do you think they will send something special to us with our bullitts?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was hoping for something, but I haven't heard anything yet. Some of the other guys have had theirs a lot longer though. Perhaps they will wait until all units have been sold (or produced).

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Here's some info for everyone: I just called this number that that survey guy gave me awhile back to call to confirm an appreciation package that some of us are suppose to get for buying the Bullitt! Only certain dealers are enrolled in the program, tho.

1-800-490-4060

You are supose to receive it within 4 to 6 weeks of delivery date. It has been 8 weeks for me. I had completely forgotten about this number to call until I read this post! The lady told me to call back at the end of next week if I still have not received it. I am sure I won't as it has ALREADY been 8 weeks, so of course I will call back. She checked and my dealer IS enrolled in the appreciation program.

I asked what you get with the package.
1. a pen
2. a vial of touch up paint
3. a welcome letter
4. a booklet of quick tips (includes important numbers to have to call).

Later, Vicki

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will call today!!!
:smile:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Not my dealer. I called -- no love. :sad:

Typical. I also still do not have my parts for the interior.

Mike

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Hmmm, of all things I got my tip book and touch up paint in the mail today. No pen either...is that it? Man, my father bought a Harley Truck and got a jacket and a bed liner...bummer.

Bullitt 457
50 Merc
32 Ford

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: merc50 on 2001-07-05 19:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah, I DID get a little tin of cookies from my dealer. It came on the same day as that little survey about the dealership. Coincidence?

(yes, I know it has nothing to do with the bullitt)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey great news for all the US buyers but I callled to ask questions and being a Canadian purchaser I and other Canadians can forget about getting presents. We get to pay more too hahahahaha

·
Registered
193 Posts
Go stand by your mailbox and wait for Ford to send you something cool to go with your Bullitt. After a few months, the neighbors will start wondering about the dead body next to your mailbox because you will starve while waiting. The Bullitt was done on the cheap (as far as auto programs go) and about all we get will be our cars. It is not an SVT vehicle like a Cobra, Lighting or even that cheesy stupid Contour that they wasted all that time and money on. We should realize that we bought an option to the GT as far as Ford is concerned and we will always be treated by Ford corporate as such.
That being said, I think this will go down as one of the most successful specialty car programs in Ford history, mainly because of the people who bought the cars and fanned the Bullitt fire. I personally think that Ford's overall effort on marketing and executing this program were half assed and half hearted. My dealer couldn't get a brochure to save his life and almost no one at the recent show I attended knew a whole lot about the Bullitt.
If Ford was smart, they would ship us certificates, a jacket (or at least a stainless coffee mug with the Bullitt logo), and start taking some credit for this cool daddy hoopy assed car.
I think we are on our own cats! If we want jackets, we are going to have to make them ourselves. Stop waiting on Ford and start fanning the Bullitt mania. Five years from now, I hope everyone is jealous as hell that I was 'smart' enought to get a Bullitt when I had the chance.
Now if I could just get a poster :wink:

The CatSmasher

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-07-07 13:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Cat send me your address and 1 will be on it's way. I've gotten about 4 of them given me because all my friends love me and got me me one at the fun ford weekend in Va. a couple weeks ago. I got 2 left but I'm getting more from 368

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I got my car at such a good price that I doubt I will get anything. That's okay with me if the dealer keeps the overhead down.

I do have a brand new in the box 99 Anniversay package and it's just part of the collection, it is very cool. I bought a Sport Trac last summer and Ford sent me some neat folding chairs for the outdoors with Sport Trac embroidered on them.

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-07-08 07:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
151 Posts
There are several threads going around on this subject. I am going to try and contact Ford as well. Maybe.... and I do me maybe, if enough of us Bullitt owners complain maybe somehow it may help. :lol:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Well, I've gotten Zip, Nada, Zilch...not even a call, but hey, that's also what I expected. Catsmasher is right on the money, expect nothing from Ford Corporate...

Rarecat

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am sure you read this in other parts of the site..... we Canadians did receive a package from Ford.... it included:
- a copy of the Bullitt movie script
- pictures, posters and movie stills
- a DVD copy of the movie
- nice packaging and a welcome letter.

it was a nice surprise as i was not expecting it. I would hope that Ford would send out some metal Bullitt number plates to replace the stickers. Over time, I am sure they will fade enough to be hard to read.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I received today from the Allseeing Almighty Ford Assembly Line a great gift! What is it you may wonder? A trip back to my Ford dealer! I discovered while detailing my pride and joy,and quite to my consternation,that the good ole boys in Dearborn,put two different front wheel well moldings on my Bullitt. The one on the left had the little mud flap,or whatever they call it,the one on the right didn't! So to add to my picking up the dog crap,mowing the lawn,washing the Bullitt,I had to call the dealer and deal with these Buttheads. Who naturally said that I had to bring in the car so they could see it. Thank you FoMOCo you have given me so much already that I can't wait to see what the future holds!!!! BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'll bet the SVT Focus Ricer buyers will get some sort of gift.

Who cares!!!

I'll just go stomp 'em all when I figure out exactly where my real HP is hiding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts