Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bullitt fan, need some advice

hey guys, i just found this site an had to register! i am a huge vinage mustang fan/collector

I have fallen in love with the new 08 bullitts..i am a die hard ford guy an dont know too much about this car?

I was wondering if someone new where i could find write ups on what size throttle body it has, what size injectors, whats the fuel pump??

the only specs i could find were the basics, anybody know what exhaust they put on it? i am saving up my pennys now so next year i can put a downpayment on one, unless i find out its not that far off from a stock gt

from what i have read the only differences are

* Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)
* High Performance Calibration
* Performance Friction Carbon Metallic front brake pads
* Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace
* Serialization Label on Strut Tower Brace
* Sport Tuned Suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)
* Tire Inflation Kit provided in lieu Space-saver mini spare
* Modified “H” Pipe
* 3.73:1 Limited Slip Rear Axle
* Dark Grey Brake Calipers
* 18″ Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w/Charcoal Satin Finish
* 3 ½” Packed Exhaust Tips
* New Upper Grille w/o Fog Lamps or Pony Badge
* Bullitt Emblem on Faux Fuel Cap
* Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel
* Sport Leather Seat Appearance
* Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)
* Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)
* Includes spoiler delete/not available with GT spoiler
* Available in Highland Green or Black exterior paint colors

is this the only differences?

im so excited over the site i jumping all over the place lol sorry, to get back on topic, where can i go to learn everything is this about this 08 car?

thanks guys, killer rides!

danny

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yes its all in the tune! keep the boost medium, air cool, an 93+ gas you should be safe with 10-12psi i would think

if anything i think i'd throw a whipple on top of the 4.6 niiice!:surprised

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,030 Posts
the aviator said:
yes its all in the tune! keep the boost medium, air cool, an 93+ gas you should be safe with 10-12psi i would think

if anything i think i'd throw a whipple on top of the 4.6 niiice!:surprised
You just got too excited! :lol: I moved it to the 08 discussion for you... :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
:shock: Welcome to IMBOC! Apparently you are already enjoying the site. I hope you can get the money saved up for your new dream car.:cool:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Aviator there is a lot to read here about the car.
I hope you get one, but I don't know about next year. I suppose the dealers asking $25 to $30plus K over may still have theirs then.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Eh. With how many stealerships are adming these cars... they'll still be around. You'll just have to look. :)

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
the aviator said:
hey guys, i just found this site an had to register! i am a huge vinage mustang fan/collector

I have fallen in love with the new 08 bullitts..i am a die hard ford guy an dont know too much about this car?

I was wondering if someone new where i could find write ups on what size throttle body it has, what size injectors, whats the fuel pump??

the only specs i could find were the basics, anybody know what exhaust they put on it? i am saving up my pennys now so next year i can put a downpayment on one, unless i find out its not that far off from a stock gt

from what i have read the only differences are

* Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)
* High Performance Calibration
* Performance Friction Carbon Metallic front brake pads
* Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace
* Serialization Label on Strut Tower Brace
* Sport Tuned Suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)
* Tire Inflation Kit provided in lieu Space-saver mini spare
* Modified “H” Pipe
* 3.73:1 Limited Slip Rear Axle
* Dark Grey Brake Calipers
* 18″ Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w/Charcoal Satin Finish
* 3 ½” Packed Exhaust Tips
* New Upper Grille w/o Fog Lamps or Pony Badge
* Bullitt Emblem on Faux Fuel Cap
* Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel
* Sport Leather Seat Appearance
* Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)
* Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)
* Includes spoiler delete/not available with GT spoiler
* Available in Highland Green or Black exterior paint colors

is this the only differences?

im so excited over the site i jumping all over the place lol sorry, to get back on topic, where can i go to learn everything is this about this 08 car?

thanks guys, killer rides!

danny

[/quote

Welcome Danny!! This car outhandles and performs a stock GT. Injectors, fuel pump and throttle body ar the same as a stock GT. The exhaust as in axle back is specific to the Bullitt with 3.5 inch exhaust tips. It was tuned to match the Bullitt movie soundtrack. The CAI is unique to the Bullitt and is not currently offered from the factory. Good luck in your search! IMBOC will be your best source of info on the 08 and everything Bullitt related.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for everything! i figured the bullets specs were the same besides what i found

yeah i am hoping to get one, a man can dream right? mean while i will just enjoy everyones pics on here, this is great, thanks for everything!!!

danny

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
.............. The exhaust as in axle back is specific to the Bullitt with 3.5 inch exhaust tips. It was tuned to match the Bullitt movie soundtrack. ...........
Apparently there is a modified H pipe as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. Another collector! What do you have in your stable?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts

[/quote

Welcome Danny!! This car outhandles and performs a stock GT. Injectors, fuel pump and throttle body ar the same as a stock GT. The exhaust as in axle back is specific to the Bullitt with 3.5 inch exhaust tips. It was tuned to match the Bullitt movie soundtrack. The CAI is unique to the Bullitt and is not currently offered from the factory. Good luck in your search! IMBOC will be your best source of info on the 08 and everything Bullitt related.[/quote]

Actually Greg, there is a guy on "the mustang source" (a ford parts guy) that can get the Bullitt CAI already. I was just reading about it yesterday. In fact I don't think there is much "Bullitt" specific stuff that he can't get. I seriously thought about getting one for the 05 but then read the flow numbers. The Bullitt CAI flows WAY better than a stock set-up but the aftermarket CAI still flowed better not leaps and bounds but better! Of course with the stock set up you probably get a little colder air and of course you don't have to oil that air filter! Oh yeah and it is a BULLITT part!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Actually there isn't much Bullitt specific other than the rear badge ,the engine turned dash and HG paint, once you consider that the CAI will be a FRPP part, as likely will the axle back exhaust.
I suppose you could find a few other items that are specific but not too much.
the grille appeared in the '08 Mustang accessory brochure before the Bullitt appeared

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
He is comparing it to a GT. Can't get the Bullitt CAI on a GT from the factory... And from what they are saying it isn't cheap!!! Can't get the suspension as of now. But if you were to purchase the items separately it will cost you way more than the 3K over a premium GT package. Plus it is not numbered. Not really much different than the 01s. You could order every part that went on a 01 but it would cost you. Sorry I can't write sometimes... :)

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Time for a Bump:D...Welcome...Danny

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
He is comparing it to a GT. Can't get the Bullitt CAI on a GT from the factory... And from what they are saying it isn't cheap!!! Can't get the suspension as of now. But if you were to purchase the items separately it will cost you way more than the 3K over a premium GT package. Plus it is not numbered. Not really much different than the 01s. You could order every part that went on a 01 but it would cost you. Sorry I can't write sometimes... :)
I understand exactly. One certainly could not duplicate the Bullitt at a lower cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts