Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately when you buy a car with a MSRP of $27,380
in today's market you dont buy exclusive.
When most look at the side of your Bullitt they think Mustang GT. A GT has the same fender badge, can have the same wheels and will have the same side scoops as of 2002.
Of course one can blame Ford for this and settle for the hand we where dealt.
Here's one solution. If your intersted in a set for you car let me know [email protected]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: No Slug on 2001-11-27 18:50 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Now THAT'S cool! One of the more original ideas I've seen yet for re-badging the GT emblems on the side.
Now.. Dish dish.. How did ya do it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
It is a GT! A Bullitt-edition Mustang GT. I don't understand why some Bullitt owners feel the need to hide this fact and place some type of additional 'Bullitt' badging on the car. If anything, the Bullitt design is one of understatement and stealth. I'm waiting for the tailights that do a sequential 'B-U-L-L-I-T-T' everytime the brakes are hit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
To each's own, I guess.

Has anyone considered putting the turn signal side maker lights in replace of the GT badge? I've seen them on some mustang sites, and e-bay. Thats one thing I might do.

·
Registered
724 Posts
With that police badge does that mean you are the fuzz?? Or is that just a Lt. Frank Bullitt thing?? Don't know if I would want a police badge on the side of my car - don't know about the rest of you (fuzz excluded) but I spent the better part of my 28 years trying to avoid the fuzz - If ya know what I mean!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This badge is a creation using a sign artist and a Ford licenced supplier. It was engineered to hide one large mounting hole and one small alignment hole.I use Liquid Glass polish on everything I drive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Umm, no thanks. It certainly makes your car unique but just doesn't do anything for me.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I like it. Not sure I want to change my GT emblems. How much and will it pull off paint if you decide to go back to the original emblem. I won't do anything to my car that I cannot reverse easily.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice, but I agree with the ones that say "no thanks"....I love the Bullitt, just the way she is...she needs nothing else and if nobody else knows what she is when she flys by them, that's their problem, I don't care!!!

Enjoy the tags!
Dona

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I appreciate everyone's feedback on this subject. Of course it's not for everyone and "to each is own " is everyone's right. Afterall it is this right to express one's self that makes this hobby my main pursuit. This is my 92nd car and I gave up leaving them alone (stock) about 50 cars ago.I love this car, I'm just trying to make it more MY car.To answer a question asked earlier, it is 100% reversible.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
It does look good though. I had to have the front of my Bullitt Painted 4 times and it looks like it's going back for a 5th time. I may have them fill in the holes for the GT Emblims this time though;-)... I like the clean look my self.

But I did want to say I like the way it looks. I have a feeling that it looks even better in person. Photos just don't do justice on mods like this.

Take care.

Bud

Bud's Bullit #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-12-03 16:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have ssen several entries regarding bullitt markings. Although I haven't posted pictures of my Bullitt yet (will do soon), I obtained the Bullitt lettering and with a hand made stencil/guide, I placed the word Bullitt over top of the GT on the sides. Everyone comments on it - even the cobra boys. I also removed the ford emblem on the back and replaced it with the GT. Of course, I live here in Watertown, New York which is only 25 miles South of the Canadian border and I own the only Bullitt in a tri-county area. It gets noticed.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,053 Posts
Dave, you need to give your Bullitt number so we can get you on the Registry with all the other Bullittheads! After you go to the Forums, click on REGISTRY at the top of the page and list your Bullitt number and when you get pics you can put them there too!

Thanks, Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-12-04 01:52 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Okay, I keep forgetting to get them, but when I see them, I want them.

Where can I get (preferably online) those bullet vinyl sticker thingees? I think those would be cool to put on the car for shows and such.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts