Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was reading the editorial page of the latest "HOT ROD" edition,seems like the editor bought himself a bullitt,and is really happy with it. However a little later on while mentioning the bullittclub, we are refered to as "Bullitt Geeks". Talk about biting the hand that feeds!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
As a computer professional, I do not take "Geek" as a derogatory term. :smile:

And he's hitting the site (otherwise how would he know about all the info here), so he's just as much of a geek as the rest. :smile:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Geek is a term of endearment.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Geek can be a term of endearment, depends on who says it. :smile:

Seriously, when it comes to movies, books, and websites, usually ANY PR is good PR. :smile:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I read the article in the grocery store this morning...he brought up the "People who are trying to figure out how to preserve the original grease pen markings" in practically the same sentence.

I have to agree with him...some people are way too anal to really enjoy their cars. :smile:

I also noticed how he seemed concerned about how his fellow hot-rodders would think of him for buying the Bullitt...he needs to get over that, unless he wants to buy junk just to make his "pals" happy. :roll:

Scott D.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-06 10:07, Damdannyboy wrote:
I've been called lot of things,and Geek dose'nt come up on my list. I thinks I'm offended. But hay I'll call Ford to see if they have any BULLITT pocket protectors to send us!!!!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> I guess I took it too seriously, but if Ford does have stock of those Bullitt protectors, I'll take one!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well sed sCott d! Sorry, the tape fell off my glasses.

·
Registered
610 Posts
" Geeks" will work!!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-06 12:55, DHG312 wrote:
Well sed sCott d! Sorry, the tape fell off my glasses.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

:lol:

That cracked me up!

b-man :nerd:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I remember back in high school, we geeks were the social outcasts... We still kinda are but now we have big fat wallets and all the cool toys :smile:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Back in the old days calling someone a geek would have bought them a knucle sandwich, but since Bill Gates and computers have come on the scene it's not such a bad term. It's almost like a term of envy at times. Look at Gates everyone says hes a geek but they all wish they had what he has. :lol: I've been called a computer geek by old friends that never caught on to the computer band wagon and only because I was fixing a minor computer problem that they had no clue how to or wanting to learn how to fix themselves. So being called a geek just isn't the same as the old days. I'll be a geek if I can drive a Bullit with a big smile, it's a small price to pay.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That guy at Hot Rod has to do something to keep the Chevy guys happy, so calling us geeks may have been it. He's been on the ropes I understand because he makes "anti-69 Camaro" references all the time, and in Hot Rod, anti-Chevy remarks are a no-no!

Richard

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but names will never hurt me...
now I am going to kick your face in!

·
Registered
165 Posts
On 2002-01-06 21:56, PY wrote:
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but names will never hurt me...
now I am going to kick your face in!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
What a GEEK!!!

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
I know you are but what am I?

Yeah, I know...I'm a tool...at
least I'm a Snap-on!