Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. I bought DHG# 3055 before the dealers run out of them, and now the US Army is sending me to South Korea for a year. The Bullitt will rest in storage for that time.

I plan on putting fuel stabilizer/ preservative on a full tank, and have it up off the tires. A true friend I can trust will start it up for me every now and then.

What do you guys recommend I do to ensure nothing gets screwed up in all that time..?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Man,
I just spent the last 15 minutes giving you gouge and my computer dumped.
Here goes again.
I'm the Navy and deploy all the time, my Truck and MACH1 have lived though the horrors of setting for 6 months.
Full Tank of gas with fuel stablizer, keeps tank from rusting.
Fresh oil in engine, old oil has combustion contamtents that will cause corrison. Upon return change oil again moisture will all be in your oil. My MACH1's is almost milkly upon my return.
Start it about every 2 weeks and if possble drive it. To burn off the moisture in the Brake fliud. If your Like me, and don't want anybody driving it, change the brake fluild upon return.
You said you are taking the weight off the tires that is good, they'll flat spot if not.
Lay plastic down and put 2-4 boxes of open bakeing soda on the plastic,( just open boxes)(don't dump contents out) to dry out the Moisture in the interior of your car. The plastic is to keep your carpet from getting trashed. Have your buddy change them at the 6 month point.
Garage it, Cover it, with a qty car cover for dust, close the windows. I'd freshly wax before saying goodby.
Good luck and thanks for protecting me and mine, It will be my turn in about 2 years
I almost forgot disconect the battery it will die if not from running electical dodads_________________
Jimmy Ray and Kay
01 Bullitt 1007
73MACH1 351CJ
67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-08-11 23:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-08-12 12:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
139 Posts
Enjoy the land of the morning calm, oh and those fun chem exercises. I have spent a year there myself.
GL
Aaron

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the extensive information. Will do...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just read the thread on storing the bullitt. I'm getting ready to give #761 a one year break. I managed to put just over 6K on her since Jul. The Army is sending me over to Egypt (Sinai MFO tour). Sounds crazy, but I'll probably be thinking about the #761 everyday. Thanks for the advice Jimmy Ray and good luck and God speed to magnum347.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Good Luck Sgt,
Thanks for doing your part..... In 2 years it will be my turn again.
Let us know if you need anything.
God Speed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the support. I'll be moving to Ft. Eustis when I get back so keep the Bullitt moving over there. I'll be looking forward to those meetings and shows when I get back. I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts