Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt has 435 miles on it right now i will try to put at least another 75 miles tomorrow (saturday). I will post my dyno results.The bullitt is stock I have not even changed the oil yet.
The car will be dyno the way it came from Ford. I do have a K&N air filter if i have time to let the car cool down i will put the K&N on the car to see if there is anymore HP.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks Ray, let us know how it goes

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK everyone I now have 500.8 miles on the BULLITT i'm ready for the dyno tomorrow!! (sunday)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Great. I'd like to see some numbers.
My engine has over 700 miles and it still feels tight. I wouldn't be suprised if the hp came out a little low.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-07 22:24, JayP wrote:
Great. I'd like to see some numbers.
My engine has over 700 miles and it still feels tight. I wouldn't be suprised if the hp came out a little low.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I should have dyno it at about 100 miles and then at 2000 miles to see the differance in HP.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey Ray how did the dyno session go???

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...

I was setup with the dyno shop at 10:00am. The shop was doing some mods on a GT today they ran behind.The dyno shop said they might get me in this afternoon but i have not heard from them yet as of 5:30pm est. So it looks like it will be on monday after 5:00pm est.
I will post the results right after the dyno.

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-08 17:43 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-08 21:25, Mus408 wrote:
Sounds like one more sleepless night,wondering what that number might be!

Your not kidding it's killing ME! :mad:

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The verdict is in...

I finally got my car dynoed tonight, here is a scan of the results first run 225.8 second run 227.9 third run with K&N filter 228.2
( wow that K&N did'nt even give me one horsepower )

Looking at my second run of 227.9 if i had calulated the 15% loose it looks like 268 horsepower. That run was done without that big K&N monster horsepower filter.The car only had 516 miles with no mods at all not even an oil change. I did put gas in the car yesterday 87 octang Texeco i do notice a ping in the engine that was not there before i filled up. I am going to have to fine gas that won't ping.

I was not really happy with the dyno machine because the machine could not get hooked up to the engine to give me the torque, i was really looking forward to the torque figures.
So i can figure out the best shift points.

It was very hot in the garage where the dyno was done, if i remember right it was 89 degrees with 40% humidity.

I'm hoping for somemore horsepower after i put somemore miles on the car, what do you Guys/Gals think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-09 20:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-09 20:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-09 20:36 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Ray,did they have a fan blowing air around the front of the car? I noticed a ping in the middle of 3rd gear during my second run at the strip. Maybe 87 octane isn't quite good enough under hard load and hot weather.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2001-07-09 21:50, Mus408 wrote:
Ray,did they have a fan blowing air around the front of the car? I noticed a ping in the middle of 3rd gear during my second run at the strip. Maybe 87 octane isn't quite good enough under hard load and hot weather.

Yes we had a large fan in front of the car. I will experiment with different brands of gas if that does not help i may try a higher octane.
I'm happy with the 268HP i think after the car is broken in more and an oil change i will gain some more HP.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ray, that's right on the money with the power output. 228rw is right around 268 flywheel.

But that's a total bummer the tourque didn't read!! Makes me wonder if the hp numbers are accurate.

In my best Gore voice..."RE-COUNT!" :-B

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2001-07-09 22:18, JB VOBRA wrote:
Ray, that's right on the money with the power output. 228rw is right around 268 flywheel.

But that's a total bummer the tourque didn't read!! Makes me wonder if the hp numbers are accurate.

In my best Gore voice..."RE-COUNT!" :-B
RE-COUNT ahhh :roll: Us Florida fokes resemble that remark :lol:

The wire for the torque was not hooked up.The dyno operator said the Dyno-Jet would not read our engines. No spark plug wires. I don't know if it's true?
I need the torgue figures.I will look for another dyno shop.

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, I'm not exactly positive of the dyno model you were on, but the dynojet at Houston Performance had no problem getting my tourque readings:

236.7rwhp
271.8rwtq

the car had 480 miles on it and a k&n. Tell that shop to call Steve Drier 281-893-6080 and ask how to dyno coil-on-plug setups. Steve dynos the newer Gt's and cobras all the time with no problem.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think those are positive numbers. After a few more miles of break in and some denser air there is sure to be a few more ponies under the hood. 268 hp is still stronger that what's advertised!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey Ray,

Those results look good, just give your car's engine a little more time to break-in. Some cars take longer than others depending on how they are driven. Too bad though that the torque didn't read.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know I was at least the first to post dyno numbers on a Bullitt. I had mine dynoed the day I picked it up on 5/7. By the time I got to the shop it had 65 miles on it. I will dyno again in a month or so. Right now I have 1300 miles and getting ready for my first oil change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts