Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals!This car will definitaly get you in trouble.While entering onto the interstate I had my radio off and the window down (I wanted to hear my car at wide open throttle),I signaled at the ramp,down shifted,got into the fast lane,and nailed it.Sounded fantastic;chirped 3rd,hit 4th,at 110mph I looked back in my rear view and saw a state trooper 1/4 to 1/2 mile behind me in my.Immediately slowed down and changed lanes.He came up fast and pulled me over.I explained what I was doing and apoligized.He said that there was no excuse for wreckless driving-he stated that I changed lanes across three lanes and accelerated to 80mph!I am an ex-police officer and to be charged,more properly convicted;you must willingly or wantonly drive a vehicle in a manor in such a way as to endanger the public!I have written the same citation on several occasions,such as passing in a no passing zone with a blind hill at over 100mph.My situation was no traffic within 1/4 mile in front of or behind me,with my signal on in a progressive lane change;speeding yes ,wreckless no.I have already contacted a lawyer (a former prosecutor) and I am going to fight it.Any similiar situations?Thanx

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like Smokey is just pissed because you have what he doesn't have! I'd fight it, subpoena his radar calibration records, his radar operator certification records, and just about anything else that you can get your hands on. There's bound to be a technicality in their somewhere that a judge can use to throw out the case.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, I got nailed doing 101 out in the country. Just bad luck. Goin to court next week, we'll see how much this costs me =(

·
Registered
568 Posts
In many states, you can be ticketed for reckless driving for exceeding the speed limit by a certain amount. In Indiana, Illinois & New York, 25 over the limit will get you a reckless driving citation, if the cop wants to write it. Good luck having a judge reduce it. Just let the lawyer handle it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
80?? Hell, traffic flows at 80 here in So Cal, the bike cops don't even turn their heads as they casually cruise by in the carpool lane at 100mph.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I must say , getting a speeding ticket is pretty upsetting to say the least, however it could always be worse. I was down in Lake George for the adirondak nationals, and was pulled over[squealed my tires, racing with a 1969 camaro 396 SS]while driving my 93 Lx "S" trim mustang. The officer told me if he wanted to ,I could be fined 150 dollars, have my car impounded, and thrown in jail! Luckily, he let me go with just a warning!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
These "beasts" can get you in trouble!!. I have had mine for two weeks and already been stopped twice. I have had better expirences as both times I got compliments on the car and a few questions about it. I am still trying to get use to the handling characteristics compared to my old F150 extended cab (big laugh)

·
Registered
302 Posts
i was driving the company van going 80 mph in a 60 mph and a cop who i had been following for about ten miles most outside his town pulled me over threatened to tow the van and arrest me. they call it road rage i call it BS. the one neighbor kid wants me to light up the tires i think his mother would be on the phone to the cops before i get home. it hink shes the same one that bitched because i was driving in second gear down the street at 30 mph in my Audi several years ago. high rpms some noise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nailin er out to 150 is a piece o' cake good thing ya didn't do that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey mustang1, as an ex-cop, you should know that when that cop gets on the stand and describes what you did, you're done. sure, you may not consider it reckless, neither would i, but he can easily describe it as being reckless, such as the following:

"The suspect came out of the freeway onramp doing approximately XX miles per hour at what sounded like wide open throttle and high rpms. He then proceeded to swerve across three traffic lanes into the fast lane, whereupon he caused his tires to spin at approximately 90 miles per hour. I accelerated to intercept, and I was able to clock him at 80 miles per hour. In my opinion, his driving displayed a wilful and wanton disregard for the public."

By the way, how much of a fine are you looking at? I only ask cause a lawyer will most likely cost you more than the fine. Normally I would say fight it, but hey, you do the crime, you do the time. I don't even get mad anymore when I get speeding tickets because I take responsibility for my own actions.

Just out of curiosity, what code sections did he cite you under. I'd like to research the charges if I could since I just graduated from law school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts