Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a DHG on ridesafely website. It does not look too bad. Someone please help it out. Go to the site and check cars and trucks. Then go to mustangs. It is on the second page. Good luck. Curt W

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
maybe the pics don't represent it very well, but that right rear wheel is jacked! it looks like that whole rear end is twisted.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I am trying to figure out what happened to that car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What a shame!! One thing that has really suprised me is the number of BULLITT cars that have been wrecked or parted. Just check the registry here... Makes me wonder if all Mustangs have such a high mortality rate or if it is something unique to the bullitt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks the same as when my 98 got T-boned and the rear end and the frame took the hit...that car has some serious hidden problems

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hey, it has that rare Bullitt option, rear steering! :lol:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
bullitt890 said:
hit a curb maybe? :???:
That is what I was thinking, a very hard hit if that was it. But being totaled, something is done that we can not see.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
bullitt890 said:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="" images="" smilies="" icon_cool.gif="" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" smilieid="353" class="statusquo"> hit a curb maybe? :???:
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
rblack4405 said:
That is what I was thinking, a very hard hit if that was it. But being totaled, something is done that we can not see.
Damage looks worse than in the pics, look at the shut lines on the doors and the trunk and the hood,
The whole shell looks twisted. That ain't salvage for just a wheel or the axle.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No way the door is left open, the trunk is left open and it looks as though the rear axle is bent. Looks like somebody spun it out into a small curb. Take a look at all the pix again. Remember they opened doors and such to take pictures for the website. It might have tweeked the torque boxes and upper control arm mounts and bent the axle and thats it. Even the exhaust is still straight. Be the perfect car to weld battle boxes in and installed a Built rear end with wide wheels and tires.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Nyt_Muves said:
What a shame!! One thing that has really suprised me is the number of BULLITT cars that have been wrecked or parted. Just check the registry here... Makes me wonder if all Mustangs have such a high mortality rate or if it is something unique to the bullitt.
I believe its much higher with regular stangs.
The Bullitts have a more collector/enthusiast following.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hmm... Bullitt Rescue. That is actually an idea. How could we do that? I am interested.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A Bullitt raffel would be an Idea. Members on the site could put in $50-100 towards the raffel. The funds would go towards buying the car for around $5500-6000. Then people could donate time and parts to get it back on the road. Then the car can be raffled off here on the forum or at the next Bullitt nationals. Shipping/pickup would be left up to the winner.

Just an Idea. But first somebody needs to get out there to have a look at the car inside and out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts