Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Bullitt hood scoop

917 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mus408 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever thought about drilling through a few of those holes in the honeycomb insert in the hood scoop and hood to redirect air and keep the upper manifold cooler? I know it means rain dirt, but my thoughts are really the pro's and con's of this, maybe silly, idea.

#4 ·
Black, I caught your post too late announcing you would be out last night. I had already downed too many Lites to get behind the wheel. I really want to see how your hood turned out. Definitely not lame idea, especially with the flooding around here, under the fog light means water in your motor. Have to keep mother nature in mind around here! Are you going to be out tonight? I may be able to get out. Let me know.

#7 ·
I just pulled my hood scoop off.
That was easy! Dirty as hell under there...dust, dirt and wax. Paint is
in excellent condition...no chipping
or even scratches! I was suprised to
say the least. 7 bolts hold the scoop
on. Numerous under hood liner fasteners
to remove, they pop out pretty nice and
yes, can be reused. Going to put down
black electrical tape on the actual hood.
(out of sight of course when scoop is put
back on) Doing this to prevent the chipping.

BTW...scoop made in Canada..."Take off you
hoser"...Bob and Doug. Cool!

Thanks for the posts on the liner fasteners
being reusable...I would not have done this
if they were not.

#9 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
I would suggest buying an aftermarket hood and work on that to allow air into engine compartment if that is what you want (I can't figure out why yet, but to each his own). Keep orginal hood in original condition to maintain value ( or just chop up your Bullitt and increase the value of mine!)

:evil:

#11 ·
I have'nt come across a Boss 429 or 70 Mach 1 or even '69 Shelby that is original or frame up that makes a big difference for asking price. If I want, I can order another V6 hood and add a $35 scoop to keep. My satisfaction is that this is a daily driver and my original car all together. I don't care to paint and mismatch a hood in DHG. I know what you feel, I love originality too, but a whole hood is replaceable, and frankly, I have too many Mustang parts already in my garage to comfortably fit Da' Bullitt and the wife's Ford! Have a great new year, and don't take this as hate mail!

#12 ·
I just can't stand a blocked off hood scoop. True,it isn't a functional cold air unit for the induction system,but I still have a few more years to sort it out one day. For now it can only help take some heat off the upper intake plenum.Right now I am getting cool air from inside the fender using the factory air box/Densecharger combo. If you open the scoop neatly and provide a blacked out flapper door,for bad weather,it looks right sharp. At the time ,I was hoping Kar Kraft would work the bugs out of their Ram-Air setup.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-06 10:27 ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.