Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have their latest King Of The Street competition and Joey Buquoi's Bullitt took 1st place. They have 5 categories they rate on then add up the total points. The Bullitt has a Kenne Bell and a 150hp nitrous system and made 752hp. Anyone know if he is on the site?

·
Registered
946 Posts
That's cool!!! I'll have to get the mag.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's a sharp looking car. Makes me miss mine even more looking at it.

Chad

·
Registered
816 Posts
That is SWEET!!! he need the right wheels though!!

·
Banned
663 Posts
I haven't seen the article but someone told me it ran a 12-something at under 110mph in the 1/4 in the article? That info has to be wrong.

·
Registered
946 Posts
His times were in the 12's. The participants had to run drag radials.Supposedly he just installed the t56 tranny and he was having trouble shifting it.

·
Banned
663 Posts
DOUBLE J said:
His times were in the 12's. The participants had to run drag radials.Supposedly he just installed the t56 tranny and he was having trouble shifting it.
That can't be right. You can let the car drop to an idle between shifts and make a better pass than that with 750rwhp. Heck, he didn't go fast enough to even need to do a 3-4 shift! You sure he didn't run out of gas at the 1000ft mark or something? As far as tires are concerned, I don't think the DRs were a concern on that pass. But that's just me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its a 10 second car, regardless of what it ran at KOTS.

·
3,389 Posts
That car is plain evil. Those wheels work, that hood is too long in the tooth for my liking. But that car is hott, and I'm talking x-rated hott!!!!!
Wish he'd show up to the shootout, it would be nice to see Paul run someone with an equal car!

·
Registered
98 Posts
He's out of Memphis guys, so Nationals would be a few hours west on I-40 for him. I should be at Dynospeed Racing in Memphis soon to have some work done to my car, then to Memphis Motorsports Park for some racing. If I happen to run into him, I'll see if he's interested.

·
Banned
663 Posts
When everyone jumped on the "Six speeds have to be better than five" bandwagon years ago I was preaching the t56 was not a good tranny for ANYTHING unless you need a 4th and a half gear for road racing or you wanted to impress the show car judges. It is absolutely not something you want in a 1/4 mile car. Guess this is proof. The magazine car is a dyno queen, which is OK if that's what you want. It got him magazine exposure (been there, done that, three times), which is cool, but I can tell you I'd be begging for another pass before I let them publish that time in a national magazine. But, again, that's just me...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts