Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
3,389 Posts
Bullitt5094 said:
When everyone jumped on the "Six speeds have to be better than five" bandwagon years ago I was preaching the t56 was not a good tranny for ANYTHING unless you need a 4th and a half gear for road racing or you wanted to impress the show car judges. It is absolutely not something you want in a 1/4 mile car. Guess this is proof. The magazine car is a dyno queen, which is OK if that's what you want. It got him magazine exposure (been there, done that, three times), which is cool, but I can tell you I'd be begging for another pass before I let them publish that time in a national magazine. But, again, that's just me...

......says the guy who ONLY runs a 10.01! LOL!

I agree with the begging for another run before being published though!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Since when is a 10.3 @ 137 car a dyno queen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bullitt5094 said:
When everyone jumped on the "Six speeds have to be better than five" bandwagon years ago I was preaching the t56 was not a good tranny for ANYTHING unless you need a 4th and a half gear for road racing or you wanted to impress the show car judges. It is absolutely not something you want in a 1/4 mile car. Guess this is proof. The magazine car is a dyno queen, which is OK if that's what you want. It got him magazine exposure (been there, done that, three times), which is cool, but I can tell you I'd be begging for another pass before I let them publish that time in a national magazine. But, again, that's just me...
Bullitt5094,

This car is hardly a dyno queen and is driven daily by the owner. The car weighs roughly 3,550 with driver. The Buillitt ran a 10.30 @ 137 mph with a stock 3650 transmission before it grenaded before the KOTS competiton.

DynoSpeed installed a T56 in the car and loaded the car up for the competition. The T56 would not shift at high rpm's due to a twisted input shaft. We were extremely disappointed in the 1/4 mile times but believe me when I say that this isn't a dyno queen by any stretch of the imagination!

Joe Beegle
DynoSpeed Racing, Inc.
5251 Elmore Rd.
Memphis, TN 38134
www.dynospeedracing.com

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
:bigguns:

I for one never thought a car that trick was a dyno queen.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
just curious, whats the point of that hood? there are cars with more power than that and bigger blowers that do not run a cowl hood that tall. is it just for looks?
and IMHO, that front bumper is ugly. if this wasn't a KOTS winning bullitt, i'm sure 99.9% of us would be against it. its the same as the hood, both are not necessary on a 10 sec mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I'm a bit surprised at the negative comments. Nobody's ever met the guy or seen the car go down the track. I personally think he's done a great job with his car. To each his own.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i'm not really trying to be too negative, but i do find it interesting that a lot of members are very critical of appearence mods to a bullitt, but here is a guy who drills holes in the front bumper and no one seems to upset. i personally think if this car was not the KOTS winner, this forums reactions would be different to his car.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
It is a perfect example of someone doing what he wants to his car. More power to him. I have seen some Bullitt mods on this site that I would never do but, the owner did them and I am very glad the owner is happy about doing the mods.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I hear ya...everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I certainly respect yours. I guess it would be nice to at least welcome him to the club. Negative comments will only keep him away. I've been on many other forums and this forum, by far, is the friendliest, most positive forum as a whole than any out there.

As for the holes in the front bumper...I've never seen it done before and I don't think anyone else has either. Very original. I guess a mod that nobody has ever seen before is probably not going to draw negative comments, especially when it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't do it, but I like what he did to his.

It's all good though...no worries.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Its a pretty B-A looking car.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks awsome, I would not do it to mine, but how can you not like it, it's got attitude :cool: .

·
Registered
12 Posts
bullitt890 said:
just curious, whats the point of that hood? there are cars with more power than that and bigger blowers that do not run a cowl hood that tall. is it just for looks?
and IMHO, that front bumper is ugly. if this wasn't a KOTS winning bullitt, i'm sure 99.9% of us would be against it. its the same as the hood, both are not necessary on a 10 sec mustang.
I am new to this forum and i am the owner of the Bullitt with the ugly hood and front bumper. You would know that an aftermarket hood is necessary when you install a 2.2 Kb due to hood clearance if you had one. I opted to go for the big hood cause i think the steeda hood is a little wimpy lookin. I love my hood cause it makes the car look as mean as it is. The holes in the front bumper are form follows function, and they were necessary to get air to the sheetmetal intercooler which was tucked behind the bumper when the D1 Procharger was in place.My car is not a dyno queen as i have shifted the car to a 10.30 @ 137 Mph with a trunk full of sound and handling suspension. I hate it when people open their mouths when they dont know what they are talking about. I take it as a slap in the face when someone says my car is a dyno queen cause i take my racing game serious, and this car has taken more than a few peoples lunch money. I feel that there are more than a few haters on this site and i hope they are the minority. I am really dissapointed that the guy who seems to have the fastest car on here would say something to insult me (must be a little jealousy coming out i guess). I have worked very hard on my car and i have picked out the combo and done all the work myself on the car. It deserve any recognition that it receives. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I dont expect anyone to favor my car as much as I.

OK i am done venting and i hope i would be allowed to defend my name on this site without getting the boot.

I will not judge the site by the comments of a few members.

Thanks and good night,

Joey

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL, I registered to reply to this thread and Joe and Joey beat me to it!

My sentiments are that Bullitt owners should be pleased the media has pointed attention towards one of their own. Whether you would mod your in the same way (or at all, for that matter) is strictly personal. If everyone's car was exactly the same, this hobby wouldn't be around.

My business partner and I had the pleasure of being involved in the build-up of this car. Hard work can be found through the entire vehicle, and many hands beyond those who spoke up here were involved. No sponsorships or free rides, just determination to make a stand out vehicle.

This car has been out on a Saturday night a time or two, and very few choose to challenge it. Very few succeed. There's always a faster car, no exceptions here.

If you'd like to know a little more about the car, go back to the March 07 issue of 5.0 and read its feature. It will give more detail than the KOTS article.

Here are few more pics from my collection of the car:

I'm fortunate to call Joey a friend, and am proud to have been involved in the project along with Dynospeed and others.

Alan Lindgren
Speed of Sound LLC

·
3,389 Posts
Joey, welcome to the site!

Relax, you heard the saying "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"? No matter where you go, someone will disagree with what you've done, it's just human nature.

Having said that, your car rocks! I like the look! And around here that's all that matters! LOL (DUCK! ...incoming!)

Anyway, hope to see you at the Shootout or the Nat's!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
It is obvious that there is some VERY quality work done to this car. Thge pictures show that very well. I can only imagine what this thing looks like in person.

It is only natural that some people are going to like certain appearance mods and some aren't. It simply goes with the territory when a Bullitt is modified. Personally, I think the hood is a bit too much, but it is his car. If her likes it, I havbe no problem with it.

There was really only ONE post that I felt was really uncalled for. I would specify which one it was, but I think if you go back and read through them, someone seems a little butthurt that this car is getting national press. Whatever. It is a SWEET ride and it deserves.

And the owner might be taking things just a tad too personally. Just my $.02. And I KNOW thats about all they are worth.

Welcome to the club. Nice to have another KB Bullitt here.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well welcome both of you, And I hope you guys do stick around.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
BLOWNBULLIT said:
I am new to this forum and i am the owner of the Bullitt with the ugly hood and front bumper. You would know that an aftermarket hood is necessary when you install a 2.2 Kb due to hood clearance if you had one.
true, the 2.2 does require a bigger hood, but not that big.

BLOWNBULLIT said:
The holes in the front bumper are form follows function, and they were necessary to get air to the sheetmetal intercooler which was tucked behind the bumper when the D1 Procharger was in place.
thanks for explaining that. i've never seen that approach for getting more air to the intercooler. but with the centri off, why are they still there? just curious

BLOWNBULLIT said:
I hate it when people open their mouths when they dont know what they are talking about.
then you probably shouldn't spend too much time on mustang message boards. try going to the larger forums, there are quite a few mustang owners online who don't know much about their cars, or what they are discussing. and their opinions do not sound nearly as civil as those expressed on this site

BLOWNBULLIT said:
I feel that there are more than a few haters on this site and i hope they are the minority.
personal opinions expressed in an internet forum is "hating"? i guess if it contradicts your personal opinion :confused:

BLOWNBULLIT said:
I am really dissapointed that the guy who seems to have the fastest car on here would say something to insult me (must be a little jealousy coming out i guess).
i assume you're referring to Bullitt5094. not sure why he would be jealous though. he goes 10.01, and has also been in a magazine.

BLOWNBULLIT said:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I dont expect anyone to favor my car as much as I.
really? because everyone that has given their own opinion on your car is a "hater"

BLOWNBULLIT said:
OK i am done venting and i hope i would be allowed to defend my name on this site without getting the boot.
i dont see why you have to defend yourself, and why would you get the boot? the more bullitt owners the better! i think you have an awesome car. i'm sure everyone else on this site does too. some of us just dont llike the hood or the front bumper. get over it. there are some people that dont like the sound of my slp's, do i care? no. i think this thread turned negative when someone gave their own opinion and was referred to as a hater, and called jealous.

end of my rant

21 - 40 of 79 Posts