Registered
193 Posts
Vanilla Sky
Bullitt
Highlander
Spenser For Hire
Kojak
Kolshak the Night Stalker

Trivia Time: Who else drove classic Mustangs on film or TV?

Man, are we Mustang owners in coool company or what!

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's a funny story. One of the local companies that rents vehicles to the studios (typically police cars, taxis, ambulances and the like) once had a blue '68 Mustang fastback in their fleet. Very distinctive car, with a gold "C" stripe and chrome rally wheels.

During the early and mid-'90s, that car ended up in a string of short-lived network hour dramas. Two were "Charlie Grace" starring Mark Harmon, and "High Mountain Rangers" with Robert Conrad (the car was driven in the show by one of his teenage sons). I know there was at least one more, but it was even more forgettable than the other two.

I swear that car was a jinx. Whenever it appreared on a series, the show ran one season or less. I have a friend who is a somewhat successful TV actor. Once I started noticing the blue Mustang, I jokingly warned him that if he were to see it on any set he was working on, to immediately ask that it be replaced!

Don't know what became of the car. I would have to guess that it was either blown up or sold at auction.

And here's an obscure one: There was a brief spinoff of The Rockford Files called "Richie Brockleman, Private Eye." In it, the title character drove a beat-up '65 Mustang convertible.

DK

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That's it!...Richie Brockleman! And I only remember two things about the show
1) the car (beat up faded red convertible)
2) the lead character's often repeated line...."You see, the thing of it is, is..."

·
Registered
214 Posts
How about the John Wayne movie McQ? I think that was the name. I know it was black but not sure of the year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
And don't forget "Diamonds are Forever' with James Bond, plus old and new "Gone in 60 Seconds."

DK

·
Registered
116 Posts
The movie "Inner Space" with Martin Short and Dennis Quaid featured a '68 Shelby GT500 'vert. I think they had two that they used as one car. And due to poor film-making you can easily spot the differences between the two cars used.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Steven Seagal drove a Black 73 Mach 1, in the movie Marked for Death..... pretty cool car until the Drugees crush it

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Don't forget the BEST LOOKING Mustang driver (on TV anyways!), Farrah Fawcet in "Charlie's Angels"!!! (Does a Mustnag II count??? lol)
Cam

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
jackie cooper owned a 69 shelby gt500...
david carradine had a boss 302....
and there was a tv series last 69 / early 70 with christopher george in which he had blood that made him immortal and he drove a grabber green shelby while
trying to always get away from sooome rich guy that wanted his blood to keep alive

i ll remember a few more.....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Hey Cam! Don't laugh! A Mustang 11 was my first Mustang back in 74. I ordered it from the factory. I liked the looks of it and didn't know anything else about it. It looked "cute." I was only 19 and saved $1,000 down so then I only owed $2,999! Over a 5 year pay plan I paid only $99 a month back then! I had it for 10 years and after that I went for the bigger 351 engines and have been hooked ever since.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey, don't forget the red Mustang driven by Sean Connery in one of the early James Bond movies. I watched the "old" 1970's version of "Gone in 60 Seconds" last night. What a hoot. I really felt sorry for the 1973 Mustang and couldn't get the phrase "Ford Tough" out of my mind.

·
Registered
716 Posts
John Wayne drove a Firebird in the movie McQ. It got crushed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry cats, Mustang IIs don't count.
What was the name of that show with the immortal guy on it? I think it was "The Immortal"(duh), but I am not sure. I would like to know so I can look for reruns.

Here are two more;
The movie Iron Eagle, the kid drove a '68 convertible.
The movie Bull Durham, Kevin Costner drove a convertible (looked like a fake Shelby). Could have been the same car as the movie Inner Space. Had to look fast, though. It was only in one scene for about three seconds.
2001 Bullitt #1585

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-10-19 17:39 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
While not a classic Mustang.. Kelly LeBrock Drove a late 80s-early 90s White Mustang Convertible in "Hard To Kill"

And there were 2 Mustangs in "The Last Boy Scout" with Bruce Willis. The first was another late 80s-early 90s White GT vert that got Blown up an the second was a '65(?) red Convertible.

And Matthew Perry drove a Black 95ish convertible in "Fools Rush In"

ANd finally.. for now.. "Running Scared" with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. They had a brief encounter with a red '69 Fastback in an alley in Chicago.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-10-19 19:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Cat,
I have grown to like the Mustang 2, Mostly the Cobra 2..... Sucked on Power, But sure does take me back to high school.... Long Hair, bell bottems, Eagles, Getting sh*t kicked out of me by the red neck Football players, because my mom dressed me funny and cut my hair in bowel cut......
I would kick my ass 2..... My mom still don't understand my feelings.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts