Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Paul's High Performance. He will have the Bullitt drag pack available in January. He says he's looking at around 30 to 40 extra hp to the rear wheels. If I don't sell my car, I am in. I think that's including ported intake, calibrated mass air and chip. He does not know prices yet. Really didn't get in too much detail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-14 14:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I know you said the details were limited, but wouldn't it take more than 30-40hp to put the Bullitt into low 12's? I'm thinking around 100hp and some better method of getting the power to the ground???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he state that his 2000 GT are doing 12.8 whith his drag pack on street slicks. so he is predicting the the bullitt will beat that time. but Im not sure what went In to that in know it is not supercharged. It is more dialing a special dyno package.which consits of ported intake,mass air gears exhaust,rolled in to one perforamnce package.
now ,I said real wheel which means probaly 60hp to 70hp up front.Im assuming because are torque curves are different we may be to a adavantage on this. now this is just my theory.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 11:05, enzo wrote:
he state that his 2000 GT are doing 12.8 whith his drag pack on street slicks. so he is predicting the the bullitt will beat that time. but Im not sure what went In to that in know it is not supercharged. It is more dialing a special dyno package.which consits of ported intake,mass air gears exhaust,rolled in to one perforamnce package.
now ,I said real wheel which means probaly 60hp to 70hp up front.Im assuming because are torque curves are different we may be to a adavantage on this. now this is just my theory.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
If it's only 30-40 rear wheel then it's only gonna be around 35-45 at the motor.

As for it gettinginto the low 12s, weight transfer has a ton to do with it. My LX only has 185 rwhp and it's in the mid/low 13s. It is set up for strip only action, it pulls hte wheels off the ground.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Its is def possable with 30-40 at the wheels with sliks, but you got to be one hell of a driver.AVG TOTAL HP GAINS: intake 15+ pipes 5-20, chios 15-20 so right there you are looking at anywhere from 35-60total hp so you fig with the dencecharge on top of that you could be looking at 70 so 30-40 real whell is close. plus gears dont ad hp but they do drop times so do slicks

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 14:20, BULLITTBRO1 wrote:
Its is def possable with 30-40 at the wheels with sliks, but you got to be one hell of a driver.AVG TOTAL HP GAINS: intake 15+ pipes 5-20, chios 15-20 so right there you are looking at anywhere from 35-60total hp so you fig with the dencecharge on top of that you could be looking at 70 so 30-40 real whell is close. plus gears dont ad hp but they do drop times so do slicks
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I am not sure that math works for me either. I have not seen what ported intake would do, but 15rwhp sounds way too high to me. Pipes I could see 5-15 if they do an intermediate pipe as well as a cat-back. 15-20 on a chip is double to triple what is being seen elsewhere.

Out of all of the mods listed in the original post the slicks would have the biggest affect, followed by gears.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pauls dragpak stage 1 is short-tube headers,x-pipe with high cats,after cat exhaust,77mm mass air&70mm throttle body,modified airbox,underdrive pulleys,PHP custom EECV chip.said to be 40 to60hp gains on stock GTs..hope this heips..

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
OH MAN, NOW I'M DROOLING AGAIN!!
i thought the "mod" fever had gone away for awhile but NOPE!!! here it is again!!!
thanks for the fantastic info Dan!!!!!!!!
(let's see,....a hundred dollars a month saved x 5 months....naw, won't be enough)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts