Registered
227 Posts
What kind of intake was they showing? :roll:

TrueBullittBlue #2345:

- K+N Filter w/ housing removed,
- X-Bassani Pipes,
- 62mm double bore,
- Aluminium Driveshaft,
- Complete Alluminium Interior Components; Buttons, switches, Dash, E-brake, etc.
- Directional LED Mirrors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-08-26 23:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep, you saw right. For part number M-9424-E46 (shown below)

I saw it at http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/html/cat07.html for 1435 plus an additional 370-395 for the installation hardware kit.

Also at http://www.need-4-speed.com/fordmotorsp.htm for 1450 plus 260-370 for the install kit.

Ridiculous prices considering the performance gain, but hey, the 1800 bucks on the intake makes me feel a whole lot better about the 2600 extra i spent on my bullitt over a premium gt (xplan prices).

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Look very closely.....That is not the Bullitt intake. On the Bullitt intake,there is casting material between the runners. That picture looks like the Ford Performance intake for the 96-98 2V 4.6 Also there are two vaccum ports on the top plenum on the Pass. side.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-10-07 21:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yep,
That's the FRP intake, I was questioning why in an earlier post that with that intake, heads and a premium calibration computer "24lb" injectors, together added 50-75 HP on a GT. Our Bullitt intake and heads are "close"; port matched is about it. How's come no one from Ford can tell us how to get this kind of gain from our Bullitts? Yes I've seen the flat tourque curve on our Bullitts but with a 50-70 HP increase, more air, fuel, and spark, the torque curve would increase alomg with HP, maybe not quite as flat but definately more HP and torque. :smile: Any Ford EECV Folks out there? Oh yea, almost forgot, the injectors shown "orange" are the stock 19lb ers, blue is 24lb, red 36, and 42 ... had them in my 99 Lightning but can't remember the color. I think these colors coincide w/the appropriate injectors. I'd have to check the books to be sure. Man MUS408 it sure does look allot like ours though doesn't it? So much I called FRP and they said it in fact was NOT the Bullitt intake:(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: svtoa0100282 on 2001-10-08 00:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was told that the HP gain was in a 96-98 GT. The 99 and up already come with, from what I'm told, what the FORD racing catalog sold as heads. So actually, getting the upper would give you maybe an 8-10% gain in flow and air compared to a Bullitt upper. You pick.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Supposedly they are supposed to flow and give the same performance. But I haven't seen the insides of either,so who knows? The intake on the prototype Bullitt looked to be made of tubing,so not sure how much was lost in the casting process. I still plan on pulling mine shortly,and having a look and polish!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Either way it's still a sweet lookin intake. The original 4.6s looked kinda wimpy i think. like they were trying to hide the engine. The bullitt intake and the cobra intake are more in line with the old 5.0 H.O. intake--big and nasty.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Keep us posted.That is the only mod I've been thinking of.I just want results when I spend that kind of money.How much HP, torque diff with the pollish and chip job?

·
Registered
250 Posts
LOS, the heads on '99-'01 GT mustangs are 5.4L light truck duty heads rated at 9.0 to 1
compression. the heads on bullitt i was told are the ford motorsport compression 9.4 to 1
in another week I'am going find out when I put the headers on. will look for part number. and let everyone know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts