Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Club Members:

I spoke(Wed.) with a company that manufacturers sportwear including lettermen jackets. They can provide a letterman jacket in the various Bullitt colors with the leather sleeves and wool shells. They are willing to contact WB and get the skinny on the licensing fees for the Bullitt logo.If any one has the WB contact name and phone # I will pass it on to the manufacturer.

As far as embroidery,I was thinking the Bullitt logo over a galloping pony(Mustang)with the letters GT below the pony. Embroidery to be white or silver in color. The smaller version locatd on the left chest and as an option a larger version on the back.I figure that a galloping pony is a generic rendering and therefore poses no infringement on Ford's logo and of course you cannot utilize the Mustang Script which will result in a conflict with Ford. The jackets probably will cost around $250 ea.

The problem of course will be the Bullitt licensing fee and how many members would be willing to order in advance(perhaps with a deposit) to defray the initial upfront licensing cost to the manufacturer.

Comments?

John Morton

·
Registered
822 Posts
John

If you can spin up a prototype photo..I think that will sway me towards the in pool.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Okay guys,

Here's who you have to talk to to license anything Bullitt or Steve McQueen oriented.

The Roger Richman Agency in Beverly Hills is the place. Use the link below and you'll be in Hollywood, baby.

http://www.stevemcqueen.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-10-19 18:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
153 Posts
JimmyRay,I don't think they can find a cow in all of Texas big enough to make a coat for my old lady!! Just kidding! I hope she never reads these posts of mine. BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Jp
I launghed so hard my dogs came to check on me.... I hope she don't ether.... Only thing worst is to call the waitist (young hottie who brings you chow) Honey with the wife setting there.... Bad jimmy Bad Jimmy
No dear I don't know her I swear.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
JimmyRay,Its a good thing your wife's at that tupperware thingee!!!!BlackBullitt#1768
It was you that said your wife was gone wasn't it. Man I'm getting a great buzz on.BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Yep she's gone.... Sometimes it good to get away drink beer with your friends without the LOOK......You know the one, "Your drinking tooooooo much again".
Don't get it offten but when you do, you know she staying on her side of the bed that night...... Good thing she does to, the older i get the more Beer effects my hormones.

·
Registered
153 Posts
JimmyRay,You still have hormones left? I p*ssed all mine down the crapper!!! BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fellow BullittHeads:

I received an update from the jacket mfg. and he indicated that Christine Brocato from WB was not interested in licensing them for the "Bullitt" logo for the jackets. However, I contacted George @ MGW who has gone down this road and he will provide some pointers on how to hopefully,get the licensing accomplished.
Meanwhile, I have received material samples from the mfg. and they look great. The exterior colors ie;drk.green,drk.blue and black look on the money and the dark grey leather for the sleeves is perfect.

At the end of the day,if I can't get the licensing issue resolved, I will probably order the jacket, sans logo, in the drk.green and drk gray and have the embroidery done locally.

I'll keep you posted :cool:

John

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi John,
Once again...THANKS.
I'm still "IN"...and at the end of the day if the "BULLITT" name interferes too much with the deal I may be interested in going the same route as you and adding whatever I must locally. Hopefully the Pony, name, Bullitt font and number, and GT can be done, at least.

·
Registered
229 Posts
dark green leather for the sleeves? ewwww. i thought you were just talkin about dark green for the wool with the traditional letterman jacket beige leather for the sleeves.

and personally, i'd say just a small "BULLITT" on the left chest, and that's it. maybe a galloping pony. that goes with the sleeper philosophy of the bullitt. forget the GT part. does anyone here really consider themselves to be the owners of a gt mustang? i don't. i have a bullitt mustang.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You're crackin' me up Gibscreen :smile: ! You must have mis-read John's post...It's dark GRAY leather for the sleeves. Every time I try to picture dark green leather now I almost lose my lunch :B
I think I agree with you about the "GT"...Not really a desireable statement for a Bullitt owner.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Uh ohhh, I smell another GT versus Bullitt war coming on here :smile: Bullitts rule!

·
Registered
112 Posts
IN here DHG

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Leave the GT off.

Only wish Ford had left the GT off the car when they built it. IMHO all the car needs is the BULLITT tag on the back. Let unsuspecting drivers think they are driving up on a 6 banger, then blow 'em away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts