Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch the last final Nascar race?????? Leading the cars down to the green flag was a Bullitt......The broadcast barely showed it before it came off the track.....Too cool...............

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Missed the start, then later when they were under Caution Flags the Shelby GT 500 was on the track doing the pace car duties. Anyone know why the Bullitt wasn't out there?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I missed the eariler thread.....Sorry..........

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I was surprised that the Bullitt had such a small place as the pacecar. Why bring out a GT500 too???

This may be evidence of Ford's limited marketing plans for the Bullitt. Seems pretty weird to me. GT500s have paced lots of NASCAR races this year.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Yeah! I saw It, other than the far and wide shots, there was one quick close-up for a second, just a shot of BULLITT rear quarter with J.J.'s car behind it going by the fence. I think the GT-500 may have had more equipment (safety/electronic} to control the race after initial start since they have used them before. Also lets admit It, they may have needed something faster to catch up with the field when a yellow flag comes out. FORD probably just wanted the BULLITT out there for the start for at least that limited marketing exposure. It was COOL to see it there anyway. Ron

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I was wondering if they had a hard time seeing the Bullitt, and wanted something easier to see, like the Shelby, since it was White?

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pic Jeff, Thanks for posting...........

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Glad you like it Frank, I have been looking for other good pics but that seems to be it so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts