Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MAC catback should be here tomorrow...Friday. Should be a great match,sound wise, with the headers and X-pipe setup.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do you still have your microphones hooked-up so you can play it through the stereo?
Take care ya'll...

L&K

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mus408 said:
My MAC catback should be here tomorrow...Friday. Should be a great match,sound wise, with the headers and X-pipe setup.
Please post a sound clip when it is installed.I have been thinking of going to a MAC cat back and a catted X pipe,myself.

·
Registered
494 Posts
1LOW, if you are going with an X pipe, do not go with a BBK or a Bassani X. It will sound terrible with a chamber style muffler.

Chad

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fpooh said:
Do you still have your microphones hooked-up so you can play it through the stereo?
Take care ya'll...

L&K
Yep they are still hooked up. Surround sound at it's best!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the system on this afternoon. Just have to make some final tailpipe adjustments.
It is somewhat of a beast to put on,as far as getting clearences around the muffler/frame rail and exhaust pipe and upper control arm.
Had they left the exit pipe of the muffler loose,instead of welded to the muffler,it would give you that little extra movement you need.
I cranked it up,on the stands, and it really has a nice deep rumble! The tailpipes,I think, are the best in the industry. Long,going up into the wheel well area,full 3 1/2 inch dia, fully polished 304 stainless steel rolled tips!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
M1 Tanker said:
1LOW, if you are going with an X pipe, do not go with a BBK or a Bassani X. It will sound terrible with a chamber style muffler.

Chad
What x pipe would you recommend?With my old 5.0L i had installed the Bassani X pipe with cats,and MAC cat back and it sounded really good,and got lots of compliments too.
Is it because the 4.6 has a different sound then the 5.0L maybe?!

·
Registered
494 Posts
1Low, any X-pipe that is not a clam shell design. Basically don't get the Bassani or BBK. Most of the X-pipe designs are the same and will all have pretty much the same hp/tq curves and power output. And yes, the 4.6 does sound different because of the exhaust flow. If you want a recommendation, I would go with the pipes system. It's all stainless, it's a chamber muffler, and it's cheap to boot. As many times as I have read people changing exhaust, there is no reason to go expensive till you know that will be your ultimate exhaust.

Chad

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thanks for the tips.Maybe i will just keep my MAC H pipe then,and just change out the cat back.....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My Bassani catted x-pipe sounds great with my Magnaflow (magnapacks)cat back. And its not to loud for everyday driving. I have been complimeted on the sound alot.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Mus408 said:
I love the MAC setup on mine!!! I've got the original set up in the shop with the cat's for those once a year runs. :badgrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts