Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only my 2nd post and I am still waiting to take delivery of my Bullitt. I think it would be a blast if we could get together as club once per year. Maybe this November in Myrtle Beach? We could call it Bullitt Madness 2001. Many clubs hold car shows there in the massive shopping center where the Hard Rock is located. Members from different parts of country could arrange to meet and caravan in together. This would take a considerable amount of planning to pull off (group hotel discount, registration with the town government or police department, permission from the shopping center to hold a car show, name tags, shirts, prizes, judging, parts vendors, group meal, group fun activity, etc.) We would need to form a committee to pull this off. Anyway, just throwing this out for comments.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey TrueBlueBullitt:
You ain't far from me!, I'm in Athens.
Sounds like a great idea. I was planning a Lightning get together until my truck developed "Piston Slap" last year so I wish you more luck than I had. It is a lot of work but worth it; especially with the nice folkes here. Wow, a gathering of Bullitts and
Bullittes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What, you think all Bullitt owners live in the south? :wink: How about we compromise, at say... Boise. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
very cool idea. hope we can pull it off one day! so far i vote for the illinois/missouri area!!!! - LOL
still, can you imagine 1000, 2000, or even 3000 of us in the same city at the same time?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wouldn't it get a little confusing in the parking lot? I have a hard enough time remembering where I parked. Uhh, mine is the dark green Mustang. Oh, wait! :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ROFL Ivan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i needed a good laugh this morning

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-01 09:43, mystang99 wrote:
ROFL Ivan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i needed a good laugh this morning

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, and I could see a few people hitting their "panic" buttons on the keychain to "find" their car, and somehow setting them all off. :smile:

BTW: That thing works from a 3rd story window about 20- 30 yards away.. especially when people are walking by while at work [snicker].

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Ya Ivan, Boise would be great for you and me! We could have a West Coast meet and they could have an East Coast meet. I believe that Myrtle Beach would be too far for us to drive. I am thinking about the Bozeman Montana show Labor Day weekend. I believe Nasty Bob is going and Beamstang and MacStang. Here is the web site:
http://www.abmustang.com

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-06-01 11:16 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Myrtle Beach doesn't sound bad but I agree that maybe a more centrally located location would garner a better turn out. St.Louis or Kansas City would be good. Why not in Dearborn,MI at the factory?? Like they do in Bowling Green,KY with Vettes. Just another idea.
Cam

2001 BULLITT DHG #745

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chilli bullitt on 2001-06-01 11:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I like the sound of Boise or Bozeman. Already planning to go to Bozeman, and went to Boise show last September wouldn't mind doing it again.
However, a cross country trip wouldn't be a half bad idea either.
Another thought, Bullitts ought to gather in San Francisco?

Joyce

·
Registered
130 Posts
How about compromising and meeting in the middle... say, Texas?! :wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well Vicki, we could have an all Washington event and meet somewhere like Moses Lake or Ellensburg. :wink: I might be able to make Bozeman, although it is a bit of a drive from the coast. Do they still have that no speed limit during daylight hours thing in Montana? :wink:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just let lil' ol' CatSmasher know where and I will sloop on over. i have yet to see another Bullitt at all. The thought of a few hundred at one place brings a tear to my eye. :smile:

I would suggest having it in Ft Wayne, but Ft Wayne is kind of boring and i would get stuck doing all the work.

Hey Nasty, how about having it in Vegas! That would be the hoopy froopy coolest! Open highways full of Bullitts during the day and gambling halls full of Bullittheads all night!

Great ideas, CatSamsher!

I know, I am full of them.

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rara, what is this Fun Ford Weekend in Norwalk Ohio in July about?

Where can I get more info?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts