Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of making a few changes on my Bullitt (#1682), tell me what you think:

1. Densecharger.
2. Twin 62mm throttle bodies (if I can find them).

What would bassani x-pipes do to the car, can I leave the exhaust system stock and add just the x-pipes.??

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I've been hearing some encouraging things about the Densecharger and plan on getting one myself. As for the exhaust.. I've heard mixed things about it. Some say that the Bullitt exhaust is about as good as you can get in regards to necessary backpressure and proper flow.. but then some say a offroad pipe with with good mufflers will work wonders. Myself.. I'm sticking with the Exhaust stock. Team Mustang put a lot of work into getting the exhaust note to match the car in the movie and I just plain LOVE the sound of it.. :smile:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would love to hear from someone who installed the Densecharger.

Interested in installation comments and if the price tag ($99 I think) is worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, I might be a little dense, but what is the densecharger?

·
Registered
78 Posts
g_zilinski

I'm planning on installing my "Densecharger" this week sometime. This will be the system with the Large K&N "RU3530 Filter" installed in the "DOWN" position. After installation; I'll go back to the same dyno-shop that did my baseline dyno test and see what difference the "Densecharger" makes in the torque & horsepower curve of my otherwise Factory Stock BULLITT. This dyno test is most likely going to occur on Monday the 11th of June. Hopefully; the atmospheric conditions will be somewhat consistant to those that I had for the baseline as I do not like having to rely too much on correction factors.

Once all of this has been done; I should be able to at least have a viable reference as to how much the "Densecharger" delivers in the vein of increased performance. I'll post the "Densecharger" modified dyno curves as compared to the baseline that I have. This is the way I like to do business when I install performance modifications. This removes a lot of the guesswork so that others won't have to retest the same equipment. It may be tedious and time consuming to go get another dyno test every time I make a mod, but I believe it's the only valid way to really understand how a modification has affected the overall package.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds great!!! I can't wait to hear your results! By the way, was it very hard to install it???

Also---- good luck at the dyno, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the good conditions.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well the densecharger I would say is worth it. I have heard good things about it and the price is DEFINATELY right. BUT, as far as the twin 62 mm TB. Well it is a cobra spec throttle body as far as the dimension. But on a cobra the linkage is reversed. SO....while BBK/Edelbrock makes an excellent replacement for the cobra the Bullittheads are SOL for a while til they pick up on the reversed linkage issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts