1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Isn't it "the hitman?"

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think they called him "Phil", played by Bill Hickman. Mike was the other hitman with the shotgun.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I might have seen it during the end credits, or it might have come from the book (Mute Witness, I think it was called)

I know the soundtrack CD calls one track "Ice Pick Mike" referring to the hospital chase.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
JB said:
Did you know the reverse burnout was not planned?
He missed the turn!
Yup! I think that he "missed" several other turns as well. That's why Hickman took over driving both cars when possible. Steve's driving mishaps were taking them off and beyond schedule. I remember reading about it, maybe in the Motor Trend article of the day. Maybe some other rag. When Steve missed the turn, he did poke his head out of the window in true actor style! And Hichman missed the turn as well with the Dodge, crashing into the parked car that the camara was sitting next to. Sent the camera, camera man and car flying.:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Bud Elkins did the Mustang driving when Steve got taken out of the drviers seat. He was also Steve's stunt double and did the motorcycle jump in the Great Escape.
Your right, I seem to always use the wrong stuntman's name...:doubt:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cary Loftin drove the mustang during the final sequence(gas station). You can see his face as the mustang slides over the center divider before coming to rest over the roadside ditch. It was Loftin who gaffed the entire chase.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
That's Bud Ekins (Pronounced EEKINS)

This comes from Richard Martin's documentary that Premiered at the 07 nats.

That is one fabulous documentary. I am very happy to own the DVD.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The camera hit was on a tripod by itself. You can actually see the clip of the crash and camera being hit in the dvd documentary of the making of Bullitt. My understanding was Bill Hickman was supposed to hit the parked car but not take out the camera. The footage of him hitting the car is used in the movie from the camera he crashed into. The hitmen's names are on imbd movie credits. Their names were never used in the movie so I'd guess they were named in the book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts