Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
On one of the videos it said that the petals were designed for heel toe shifting, what does that mean? When I let off the clutch I dont leave my heel on the floor, i lift my whole leg up. IS that heel toe shifting?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Check out this link HERE.
For a good explanation of heel/toe driving.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-08-01 00:27 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Thanks JayP :smile: Glad I have cable, only took about a minute to download both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-08-01 18:22 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,042 Posts
greenbullitt: I also lift my whole foot off the gas to the brake. Hubby uses the heel-toe method. Maybe the guys with the bigger feet it works better? :???: In fact, we had left the plastic on the floor mats for awhile to help prreserve them and when we took them off last week (for the show) the driver's side had a hole where his heel goes!

Vicki

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quicky: Heel-Toe is blipping the throttle while braking to match the revs of the engine to the transmission. It keeps the car from lurching and becoming unbalanced (and spinning) while at the limit.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,042 Posts
Dang! I have Media Player and it is taking forever (10 minutes now) to download. I don't think it is gonna. It keeps saying "connecting". Any suggestions for me to be able to see this video?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-01 09:32, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Dang! I have Media Player and it is taking forever (10 minutes now) to download. I don't think it is gonna. It keeps saying "connecting". Any suggestions for me to be able to see this video?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

If someone has a better server (BullittClub?) be my guest to grab it.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Just right click on the link and select save as. Then select a directory to save it in. That way the file is saved on your computer instead of in a temp directory. Plus you can monitor it while it downloads for percentage completed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Blakwing-
Thanks for that link, awesome. I still wish I had my old truck to practice with...I'm not ready to abuse the bullitt quite yet. And I'm sure I would be abusing it severly while practicing! Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
greenbullitt - heel-toe shifting means your heel is on the gas, and toe is on the brake. You use the clutch as you normally would.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I never thought that was possible - shifting w/o using the clutch - until my friend proved it to me in his S-10. I think he left half of his tranny on the road, tho...

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I used to do it all the time in my Ranger.. I've only done it a couple times in the Bulitt so far. Here's how the theory goes.. (I believe. someone correct me if I'm wrong)..
Put your car into first gear and take off.. Rev it a little higher (not much) than you normally would.. then pull the shifter into neutral without the clutch.. then keep a good amount of pressure on the stick like you are going to shift and hold the pressure there... When the engine speed and tranny speed match the shifter will just "fall" into gear. Downshifting is a little more tricky as you have to be quick and rev up the engine in Neutral to get the revs up so the engine and tranny will match speeds.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i 've done it ( no clutch) but not in many, MANY years!
it would make me WAY TOO nervous to try in my Bullitt.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for the clips. They took a while to download, but they we worth it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
What causes the synchro wear?

·
Registered
393 Posts
the 3650 is basically a T45. Trust me when I tell all of you the T45 is a piece of $hit. Use the clutch and no powershifting, unless you like dealing with a service manager or have an extra wad to drop on a tranny.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts