Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of us have a problem with the alignment of the BULLITT lettering on the rear deck lid. I want to remove the mis-aligned letters and fix them, but I know I'll end up tearing some of the adhesive backing when I do. Has anyone used an emblem adhesive such as Permatex's quick-set auto epoxy? I've used this on an emblem for my truck and the emblem is still on after 2 years.

If I keep the car for a long time, I'm concerned with being able to remove the letters, to paint the car, without damaging them or the car. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
They're readily availablr for sale through a few parts stores on the internet. I'd have to say pick up a couple sets for future use. Then you won't have to worry about "What if" anymore. If you tear the adhesive just grab another letter. I understand that heating it with a hair dryer first to soften the adhesive works well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Three of my letters were not straight. The dealer said it is not worth trying to straighten out the ones on car. Within a week they got the replacement letters in and installed them while I waited. Looks perfect now.

#2731 True Blue
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
GT Fog Lights
MGW Knobs
Tinted Windows
Paint Protection
StonGard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-08-04 16:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
93 Posts
The 3m double sided tape is the only way to do it correctly, do it just like the guy says use razor blade to clean off the old stick on tape and put the new tape and use razor blade to trim the edges and stick it on stright.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My emblem came from the factory very crooked and the "U" was cracked in half and glued back on! I complained to the dealer and he replaced it for free. The body guy at the dealership just rubbed the adhesive on the car and it came off like rubber cement. FYI: buy all the Bullitt emblems you can afford! I think this is one item that is going to be taken off the car when it is parked. You never know...

Jeff
-------------------------------------------

01 Bullitt #3848

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine was crooked. Conplained at the dealership. They replaced it and it looks great now. Why do it your self when someone will do it for free?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-24 10:48, Bullitt1718 wrote:
Mine was crooked. Conplained at the dealership. They replaced it and it looks great now. Why do it your self when someone will do it for free?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Two reasons-

I'm really picky.

Save me an hour drive to/from dealer. :-B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts