Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ATTENTION! Bullitt 559 will cross the auction block on Friday January 10th and NOT Saturday.

Please consider this the designated thread for planning and discussion regarding the "Bullitt" movie hero car sale at the January, 2020, Mecum Auto Auction in Kissimmee, FL.

Lead organizers - Richard Nelson, Kyle Nelson, and Matt (FCMCBULLITT 2)
Additional help - Susan Hurlbut, Bill Hurlbut, John Hannon, Tony Alonso

High-Level Event Schedule

Friday evening dinner
Saturday auction
Sunday cruise

Also looking to hook up with Mecum to have a presence inside the grounds- parking for the Bullitts, a display in the lobby, etc.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Thanks, Tony for getting this started.

A trip to Florida in January! This I can go along with.

Reactions: aleykat271

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
We will be in Florida when this event is going on. Let me know the plans and we will re-arrange our schedule to be there. And yes we are planning on bringing the 68 with us!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just let me know which dates you're going to try and plan the event for. Won't be able to drive either of my Bullitt's since it will have to be a quick fly in/fly out type of weekend.

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just let me know which dates you're going to try and plan the event for. Won't be able to drive either of my Bullitt's since it will have to be a quick fly in/fly out type of weekend.

It might possibly be the second weekend of January, although we won't know for sure probably until sometime in October for sure. That's when the lot numbers for the auction could be assigned, according to a Mecum rep I talked to this past Saturday.

Reactions: DavidMidgley

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I'm going to try to make it. We have some friends a couple of hours north that we've been wanting to visit, so this would give us another reason to make the trip. I'm sure we'll fly in.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I generally go to Mecum but if I do this year, it'll be a ride up on my FJR1300, not the GT500. Riding in January in FL is the best time of year to ride!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
At Somernites, Mecum had a vendor booth next to the BULLITT. We were the first to sign up for the Somernites show special Mecum Kissimmee bidder's pass at half price ($50), which included 1 guest pass. Good for the entire Mecum Kissimmee event. Just have to bring a bank letter of credit. Hmmm...
We will be there!

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At Somernites, Mecum had a vendor booth next to the BULLITT. We were the first to sign up for the Somernites show special Mecum Kissimmee bidder's pass at half price ($50), which included 1 guest pass. Good for the entire Mecum Kissimmee event. Just have to bring a bank letter of credit. Hmmm...
We will be there!

I was behind you and someone else...and yeah, about that bank letter of credit! :)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Ok - rearranged our trip and will be arriving on Friday the 10th to attend the Saturday auction day. Submitted for my bidders pass. Hopefully we can all get together Friday or Saturday night

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update - Kyle and Matt are already on it with regards to making arrangements with Mecum directly. There also is a possibility that some sort of registration system will be configured so participants can be tracked. Things are definitely moving ahead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live 10 miles from this and am good friends with the people who run the Osceola Heritage Park. Please let me know how I can help? I've been working with the local Ford dealer to maybe have a showing of the movie Bullitt along with a reception sometime close to the auction.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

·
Registered
2 Posts
How can I help?

I live 10 miles from this and am good friends with the people who run the Osceola Heritage Park. Please let me know how I can help? I've been working with the local Ford dealer to maybe have a showing of the movie Bullitt along with a reception sometime close to the auction.

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thank you for your offer of help! At the moment, the lead organizers have some details they are finalizing on the full schedule that will stretch from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon. What day were you considering for the movie & reception?

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Copying from Tim's thread in the Florida section - this is preliminary information!

Tim ,

Please pass this info to all.

We are currently in contact with Mecum to see if we can get preferred parking and admission to the auction.

This has not yet been solidified .

The following is how one can get a free bidders pass to the event:

Mecum is a national sponsor of the Mustang Club of America.

Membership in MCA allows you to get one bidder pass and one guest pass for the entire event- 10 days, JAN 2 to 12.

The Mecum admission deal through MCA is free.

But you must be a member of MCA and go through a sign –up process on the MCA website.

Membership in MCA is cheap- you can be an on-line / digital member for $35.00

A bidder pass purchased through the Mecum website is $100 – so the MCA deal is a good one.

Also there is a parking fee each day. [ Multi days might be available]

HOEWEVER,

If you are a Bullitthead and plan on attending with our group …..WAIT …..until Paul Rocha talks to the rep from Mecum.

We are trying to get FREE admission passes and preferred parking for our Bullitt owners group.

Soon we will know if Mecum will grant that.

I’ll keep Tom informed as we proceed on that and other activities in the planning stages.

Anyone with specific questions can call me.

Matt Cannizzaro

2008 HG Bullitt# 5546

407-247-7870

Reactions: DavidMidgley

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More official information (thanks, Charles J. and Paul R. of Hoondog Performance Group!) -

Who wants to be part of a historical event in January 2020? As we all know, Sean Kiernan will be selling the Hero car at the Kissimmee Florida Mecum Auction January 11, 2020. HoonDog has been working with Sean, Mecum, and a local hotel to host the once in a lifetime event. You know you want to be there!!!!!

Currently, hotel is secured with a fantastic rate of $77.00 per night. Block of rooms should be ready to book by tomorrow.
Red Lion Inn
5150 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, FL. 34746
407-997-3224

A special Bullitt only dinner/banquet on Thursday night with special guests......Sean Kiernan, his family and the Bullitt car documentary crew. SEE! You don't want to miss this!!!! You must register in advance for this dinner.

We're currently working with Mecum Auctions to secure some special Bullitt Crew perks. Those will follow within the following week.

Keep an eye on things here.....and everywhere else it's posted to know when to book your room, we will have registration for the event through HoonDog up soon. Stay tuned and don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
This is going to be the ULTIMATE BULLITT HOONDOG EVENT!
ROADTRIP!!!
Susan and I will be there. Already a registered bidder, selling everything, might raise enough for a paint fleck.

Pinnacle- Brad in 559. Just imagine...

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reactions: aleykat271
1 - 20 of 38 Posts