Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Indicate Your Plans (Choose Multiple Options)

• Attending Friday night dinner

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Attending Saturday cruise-in

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Might attend Friday night dinner

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Might attend Saturday cruise-in

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Regretfully can't attend

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
I don't have facebook or any other social media. I just figured that bullitt people on a bullitt site would post up some pics in the bullitt thread about the event.

·
Administrator
4,939 Posts
Bullitt people who went to a Bullitt Event posted their pictures on the Bullitt Facebook Pages for other Bullitt Owners to see..

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
ok. never mind I guess. guess for those on here that have facebook and don't know the fb site to go to....might be a help to have a link. I will bear that in mind for posting pics of events in the future on here.

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Administrator
4,939 Posts
...for those on here that have facebook and don't know the fb site to go to....might be a help to have a link....

OK.... These FB sites have been up for a while.

Mustang Bullitt Owners (public group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379227222342799

HoonDog Performance Group (public group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1022459794525580/

Bullitt Mustang Owners and Friends (closed group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/62485741976/

IMBOC (closed group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/56086648475/

Texas Bullitt Owners (closed group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1422272257986093/

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,279 Posts
Cleveland bump.

Facebook suks. It's like, "If you don't have a Facebook account you don't deserve to see our pics. You are old and out of touch and you can't play in our playground. So there!

And that's all I have to say about that.

(Thanks for the links, Ron!)

·
37,279 Posts
Authentic frontier gibberish!

I don't have facebook or any other social media. I just figured that bullitt people on a bullitt site would post up some pics in the bullitt thread about the event.

Reactions: Bullitt#5414

·
Administrator
4,939 Posts
Cleveland bump.
Facebook suks. It's like, "If you don't have a Facebook account you don't deserve to see our pics. You are old and out of touch and you can't play in our playground. So there!
And that's all I have to say about that.

Well, I tried to help.
I suppose some dogs are so old that even the thought of a new trick brings out a whole list of excuses....
:grin2:

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
...or maybe they just don't like it.

·
37,279 Posts
I don't like it because I've read George Orwell's "1984" and Alvin Tofler's "Future Shock," and they sit on my shelf right along with the Ho!y Bible. (Not to mention Kurt Vonnegut's "Welcome to the Monkey House.")

·
Administrator
4,939 Posts
To go back in a direction somewhat towards a previous question.....

The days of Forums such as this one are numbered. People have lost interest in Forums and have moved to newer platforms. We have all seen the falloff of activity the last couple years.

Facebook has made it extremely easy to put our daily activities out there in front of everyone. Take some pictures with your phone, poke the screen a couple times with your finger, and Blammo they're up for the world to see.

I'm not promoting the use of Facebook or trying to advance any agenda. I'm just saying where a great many Bullitt owners are now posting their pictures.

·
37,279 Posts
Don't do facebook, twitter, and would like to have a viable search engine option instead of google. I don't like any of them, not because I'm an old dog, but because I don't like my every internet move monitored by biased organizations. I'll let you figure out which direction they lean.:wink2:
Right! (Um, I mean left). :redface:

Reactions: VIC-TIM

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

I have a number of them. Will post soon, along with some others I've seen and downloaded. I still like the forum! :)

·
37,279 Posts
To go back in a direction somewhat towards a previous question.....

The days of Forums such as this one are numbered. People have lost interest in Forums and have moved to newer platforms. We have all seen the falloff of activity the last couple years.

Facebook has made it extremely easy to put our daily activities out there in front of everyone. Take some pictures with your phone, poke the screen a couple times with your finger, and Blammo they're up for the world to see.

I'm not promoting the use of Facebook or trying to advance any agenda. I'm just saying where a great many Bullitt owners are now posting their pictures.

Well, since my time on this Earth is rapidly drawing to a close, I'll just sit back and let the wbippersnappers frolic with all their high tech gadgetry. I can always go fishing. Or hunting. Or a long walk in the woods. Or, just sit and whittle with one of my new pocket knifes.

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well, since my time on this Earth is rapidly drawing to a close, I'll just sit back and let the wbippersnappers frolic with all their high tech gadgetry. I can always go fishing. Or hunting. Or a long walk in the woods. Or, just sit and whittle with one of my new pocket knifes.

Hey, Mr. Low Tech - check back soon. I've got a bunch I just haven't posted yet!

·
Administrator
4,939 Posts
Sure, there are people and organizations on the net who have agendas. There are many agendas. The primary agenda is Money.
No matter what the platform, your online activity is being monitored.

Yes, even on this forum.

It is certainly not unusual to search for something on the net, and then later see an ad for similar items.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I also don't do Facebook. I think I have a Twitter account that I used many years ago for a job hunt. Also have a LINKEDIN account that has not been updated in quite a while. Most likely will never be update again. I still get a lot if recruiting emails but they all just get ignored.

Heck, I have an old Samsung "smart" phone but it does not do very good when trying to access social media. I may need to replace that old phone soon (cracked screen, battery won't hold a charge and charger connection very loose (worn out)) but social media usage will be very low on my requirement (if there at all).

I do attempt to attend as many Bullitt and Hoondog events that I can but only if they have been posted on one of the old and outdated forum. If the event is only published on a social media, I would not know the event even exists.

THANKS to EVERYONE who continues to keep us "old timers" up to date on what is happening in the outside world.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
It is certainly not unusual to search for something on the net, and then later see an ad for similar items.
So since Jimbob posts those Kuties in his 50s thread, does he get ads from Kuties? :wink2:

Reactions: FarmerDon
21 - 40 of 69 Posts