Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Indicate Your Plans (Choose Multiple Options)

• Attending Friday night dinner

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Attending Saturday cruise-in

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Might attend Friday night dinner

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Might attend Saturday cruise-in

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Regretfully can't attend

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
To go back in a direction somewhat towards a previous question.....

The days of Forums such as this one are numbered. People have lost interest in Forums and have moved to newer platforms. We have all seen the falloff of activity the last couple years.

Facebook has made it extremely easy to put our daily activities out there in front of everyone. Take some pictures with your phone, poke the screen a couple times with your finger, and Blammo they're up for the world to see.

I'm not promoting the use of Facebook or trying to advance any agenda. I'm just saying where a great many Bullitt owners are now posting their pictures.

yes, the activity will fall off on here as long as everyone is sucked into thinking FB is better. those sites exist because this one did first.

how true, blammo....whatever you post up on FB is there for all the world to see....one of the problems, big problem, with social media. the ramifications of which you can see virtually daily in the news and in the courts. thanks for reminding me why I am not on there.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Sure, there are people and organizations on the net who have agendas. There are many agendas. The primary agenda is Money.
No matter what the platform, your online activity is being monitored.

Yes, even on this forum.

It is certainly not unusual to search for something on the net, and then later see an ad for similar items.

...unless you use a browser that doesn't track. why I don't have anything to do with Google.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Hey, Mr. Low Tech - check back soon. I've got a bunch I just haven't posted yet!

Thanks Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Administrator
4,922 Posts
....whatever you post up on FB is there for all the world to see....one of the problems, big problem, with social media......
The content on IMBOC is not isolated in some way.
Just now the IMBOC usage is showing 540 (12 members and 528 guests).
I resolved a bunch of the 'guest' IP addresses, and didn't find more than a couple IP address that could actually be a real person. The rest were automated bots and SEO (search engine optimization) tools.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
yes, the activity will fall off on here as long as everyone is sucked into thinking FB is better. those sites exist because this one did first.

how true, blammo....whatever you post up on FB is there for all the world to see....one of the problems, big problem, with social media. the ramifications of which you can see virtually daily in the news and in the courts. thanks for reminding me why I am not on there.
YES!!!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
The content on IMBOC is not isolated in some way.
Just now the IMBOC usage is showing 540 (12 members and 528 guests).
I resolved a bunch of the 'guest' IP addresses, and didn't find more than a couple IP address that could actually be a real person. The rest were automated bots and SEO (search engine optimization) tools.

I didn't defend this site in an earlier post because I don't like censorship here either (I've been censored twice in less than 250 posts for hinting that I may be right handed):wink2:, and I used the term monitoring to avoid being censored again. What I really don't like is f t &g's censorship of right handed people. I use this forum because I like the Bullitt culture and have made some new friends here, and hope to make more.:smile2:

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Reactions: waycad

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts

·
Administrator
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Back on track - here are a few photos. More coming later!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
:D Thank you Tony. Appreciate the pictures.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Tried bookface once about ten years ago, took a full day to get the darn thing off my computer, I don't Tweet or Twitter, just not interested.
Had to start texting but I can get more done in a five minute phone conversation than a days worth of texting and there is no record of the conversation (yes I watch the ID channel).

All the guys at work do the bookface, a couple got fired for their posts, go figure...

Wife is into bookface, phone is constantly dinging, drives me crazy sometimes.

I do use Google but am getting tired of the pop up ads from all the businesses I happen to drive by, I'll be looking for a different search engine soon.

Wanted to attend Somerset but work got in the way, glad to see pictures from you Tony.

Guess I'm just old and set in my ways, I love my smart phone but I miss my old Nokia analog phone with the pull out antenna.

Gary

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Thanks for the pics Tony!!!!! Look forward to some more!!!!

·
Administrator
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
These were taken on Friday before the main event. a cruise-in was organized at the mall, where I purchased a bunch of the special Bullitt T-shirts they had. They got sold out by the afternoon the next day! A band was playing at the cruise-in, and the rain had let up in time for it. There probably were 500 cars at the warm-up of all different makes.One of the '19 owners had a few ornamental changes on his car that I liked. The '68 tribute was sharp!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 69 Posts