Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Indicate Your Plans (Choose Multiple Options)

• Attending Friday night dinner

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Attending Saturday cruise-in

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Might attend Friday night dinner

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Might attend Saturday cruise-in

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Regretfully can't attend

Votes: 1 12.5%

Bullitt Owners at Somerset Nites Cruise (Aug 23/24, 2019)

8K views 68 replies 14 participants last post by  VIC-TIM 
#1 ·
The Somernites Cruise organization has a cool opportunity for Mustang owners, and in particular Bullitt Mustang owners, coming up on Saturday, August 24, 2019. The "Bullitt" movie hero car will be on display as part of the cruise-in on the 24th. All car makes and models are welcome but the Mustang and Bullitt will be the focus.

You can find more details here regarding the weekend - Somernites Cruise - Somerset KY Classic Car Cruise ? 4th Saturday April Thru October

John Wertele, a local KY Bullitt owner (actually it's his wife's Bullitt) is coordinating with the show organizers to get special parking arrangements for us. He is also arranging a Friday evening dinner. If you plan on going (or have interest), would you please indicate in the poll so a count can be estbalished for planning purposes?

Let me know if you have any questions. I am planning to bring my '01, '09, and '19 to this event. There is no official Bullitt owner host hotel, but there are 2 recommenced places to stay.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good point! I will work with John Wertele to make this possible. That would likely mean starting the dinner at something like 6:30 or 7:00pm.

Reactions: RonReam
#5 · (Edited)
And some of us will be at

Courtyard at the Mariott Somerset
Address: 2254 South Highway 27, Somerset, KY 42501

Phone: (606) 679-0090

#6 ·
:D A Kentucky Bump !!!

#8 ·
:D Seriously considering it. :smile2:

#9 ·
Florida bump!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Somernites Cruise

Count me in. I will definitely be there.

#13 ·
THOSE ATTENDING SOMERNITES IN KY - Please tell me if you are bringing your Bullitt Mustang and you are NOT on this list! Bullitt owner list for Somernites

1. Bryan Loggins
  2. Renee and Chuck Heath
  3. Ron and Dagmar Ream
  4. Chris Hensley
  5. Beverly Bailey and husband
  6. Brenda and Terry Morrow
  7. Tony Delk
  8. Charlie McGrath
  9. John and Shelley Wurtele
  10. Alex Oas and father
  11. Tony Alonso
  12. John Hannon and wife
  13. Bobby Price
  14. Nemur Haber
  15. M. McEkron
TOTAL = 15 cars, 22 people

#14 · (Edited)
UPDATED AGAIN!

1. Bryan Loggins
  2. Renee and Chuck Heath
  3. Ron and Dagmar Ream
  4. Chris Hensley
  7. Tony Delk
  8. Charlie McGrath
  10. Alex Oas and father
  11. Tony Alonso
  12. John Hannon and wife
  13. Bobby Price
  14. Nemur Haber
  15. M. McEkron
  16. Brad Withers
  17. Jeremy Vicars and guest
  18. Terry Koch
  19. Heather and John Trail (lining up with local club)
  20. Jim and Lisa Helfert
  21. Susan and Bill Hurlbut
TOTAL = 21 cars, 32 people

#15 ·
And another update! There will be a maximum of 25 Bullitt cars in the special parking area for the display. We are one shy of that!

Bullitt owner list for Somernites

1. Bryan Loggins
  2. Renee and Chuck Heath
  3. Ron and Dagmar Ream
  4. Chris Hensley
  7. Tony Delk
  8. Charlie McGrath
  10. Alex Oas and father
  11. Tony Alonso
  12. John Hannon and wife
  13. Bobby Price
  14. Nemur Haber
  15. M. McEkron
  16. Brad Withers
  18. Terry Koch
  19. Heather and John Trail (lining up with local club)
  20. Jim and Lisa Helfert
  22. Brian Gillenwater
  23. Dave Sell
  24. Brent Groovin
TOTAL = 24 cars, 35 people

#16 ·
We are at max capacity for the Bullitt Mustang display area of 25 cars if all of the people listed here show up!

THOSE ATTENDING SOMERNITES IN KY - Please tell me if you are bringing your Bullitt Mustang and you are NOT on this list!

Bullitt owner list for Somernites

1. Bryan Loggins
  2. Renee and Chuck Heath
  3. Ron and Dagmar Ream
  4. Chris Hensley
  7. Tony Delk
  8. Charlie McGrath
  10. Alex Oas and father
  11. Tony Alonso
  12. John Hannon and wife
  13. Bobby Price
  14. Nemur Haber
  15. M. McEkron
  16. Brad Withers
  18. Terry Koch
  19. Amber Martin
  20. Jim and Lisa Helfert
  22. Brian Gillenwater
  23. Dave Sell
  24. Brent Groovin
  25. Chris Vlach and 2 children
Heather and John Trail are bringing 1 Bullitt Mustang but lining up with their local club.

TOTAL = 25 cars, 39 people

#17 ·
pictures?????

#18 ·
:D And still NO pictures of this event!!! Nobody must have attended or their phones and cameras were turned off! HMMMMMMMM!

#20 ·
all that and no pics?

Reactions: JackDW - 852
#22 ·
I don't have facebook or any other social media. I just figured that bullitt people on a bullitt site would post up some pics in the bullitt thread about the event.

#24 ·
ok. never mind I guess. guess for those on here that have facebook and don't know the fb site to go to....might be a help to have a link. I will bear that in mind for posting pics of events in the future on here.

Reactions: FarmerDon
#25 ·
...for those on here that have facebook and don't know the fb site to go to....might be a help to have a link....

OK.... These FB sites have been up for a while.

Mustang Bullitt Owners (public group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379227222342799

HoonDog Performance Group (public group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1022459794525580/

Bullitt Mustang Owners and Friends (closed group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/62485741976/

IMBOC (closed group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/56086648475/

Texas Bullitt Owners (closed group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1422272257986093/

#26 · (Edited)
Cleveland bump.

Facebook suks. It's like, "If you don't have a Facebook account you don't deserve to see our pics. You are old and out of touch and you can't play in our playground. So there!

And that's all I have to say about that.

(Thanks for the links, Ron!)

#28 ·
Cleveland bump.
Facebook suks. It's like, "If you don't have a Facebook account you don't deserve to see our pics. You are old and out of touch and you can't play in our playground. So there!
And that's all I have to say about that.

Well, I tried to help.
I suppose some dogs are so old that even the thought of a new trick brings out a whole list of excuses....
:grin2:

#29 ·
...or maybe they just don't like it.

#32 ·
I don't like it because I've read George Orwell's "1984" and Alvin Tofler's "Future Shock," and they sit on my shelf right along with the Ho!y Bible. (Not to mention Kurt Vonnegut's "Welcome to the Monkey House.")

#33 ·
To go back in a direction somewhat towards a previous question.....

The days of Forums such as this one are numbered. People have lost interest in Forums and have moved to newer platforms. We have all seen the falloff of activity the last couple years.

Facebook has made it extremely easy to put our daily activities out there in front of everyone. Take some pictures with your phone, poke the screen a couple times with your finger, and Blammo they're up for the world to see.

I'm not promoting the use of Facebook or trying to advance any agenda. I'm just saying where a great many Bullitt owners are now posting their pictures.

#36 ·
Well, since my time on this Earth is rapidly drawing to a close, I'll just sit back and let the wbippersnappers frolic with all their high tech gadgetry. I can always go fishing. Or hunting. Or a long walk in the woods. Or, just sit and whittle with one of my new pocket knifes.

#38 ·
Sure, there are people and organizations on the net who have agendas. There are many agendas. The primary agenda is Money.
No matter what the platform, your online activity is being monitored.

Yes, even on this forum.

It is certainly not unusual to search for something on the net, and then later see an ad for similar items.

#39 ·
I also don't do Facebook. I think I have a Twitter account that I used many years ago for a job hunt. Also have a LINKEDIN account that has not been updated in quite a while. Most likely will never be update again. I still get a lot if recruiting emails but they all just get ignored.

Heck, I have an old Samsung "smart" phone but it does not do very good when trying to access social media. I may need to replace that old phone soon (cracked screen, battery won't hold a charge and charger connection very loose (worn out)) but social media usage will be very low on my requirement (if there at all).

I do attempt to attend as many Bullitt and Hoondog events that I can but only if they have been posted on one of the old and outdated forum. If the event is only published on a social media, I would not know the event even exists.

THANKS to EVERYONE who continues to keep us "old timers" up to date on what is happening in the outside world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.