Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a look at the Ford Canada site, I see under "Build & Price" for the Mustang the Bullitt package is no longer there. Interesting. Does this mean you can no longer order a Canadian Bullitt? Glad I got my order in on Dec 1. The car should arrive next month sometime. Cheers.

Mark in Victoria

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's still there, you just do up a regular GT and on the options list you can "add" the Bullitt option. But as Whammer has stated, the area Ford reps are claiming that dealers can no longer order a Bullitt. All orders have most likely been filled by dealer stock.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see it. I chose Build & Price->Mustang->GT then clicked on the Options tab. Under "Other Powertrain and Packages", there is no Bullitt package, but there used to be. Now there is only:

Comfort Group (more info)
Engine Block Heater (more info)
GT Appearance Package (more info)
Interior Upgrade Package (more info)
Premier Trim w/Colour Accent Package (more info)

I am looking at www.ford.ca. You must be looking at www.ford.com. It is on the US site but not on the Canadian site.

Mark

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
How badly are you spanked for buying a US spec car? And then adding the DLR, changing the speedometer and what ever else there is different in order to import it into Canada?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Th Bulltt is still on the build and price- it's on the very first page where you select your model of mustang. It's right below the california special.

As for importing one from the US. It's not that hard to do. There is a company that will do the whole thing for you- go to the dealer, pick it up and bring it across the border and then take it directly to Canadian Tire ( they are the ones authorized to perform the Canadian standards checklist- most times they just check everything off and give you the okay).
I was considering doing this- but I didn't want to screw around trying to find a dealer in the US and miss out on getting a Bullitt- so I ordered it here.
Since you can no longer order them in Canada I would now take the time to find a US dealer.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
On the build and price page, is there a Green colour option? If so select that and see if it automatically adds the Bullitt package

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whammer said:
Th Bulltt is still on the build and price- it's on the very first page where you select your model of mustang. It's right below the california special.
Yes, I see it now. They've changed the site, it used to be available as a package on the "Options" page but now you select the Bullitt package on the "Model" page. Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whammer said:
I was considering doing this- but I didn't want to screw around trying to find a dealer in the US and miss out on getting a Bullitt- so I ordered it here.
This was one of my reasons for ordering the car from a local dealer as well.

The Bullitt is $31,075 in the US but $38,494 here in Canada. I was tempted to go South for the car or perhaps purchase a GT without the package in the US if I couldn't get the Bullitt. I'd love to know how Ford justifies the huge price discrepency, or do they even bother?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
VicMark said:
This was one of my reasons for ordering the car from a local dealer as well.

The Bullitt is $31,075 in the US but $38,494 here in Canada. I was tempted to go South for the car or perhaps purchase a GT without the package in the US if I couldn't get the Bullitt. I'd love to know how Ford justifies the huge price discrepency, or do they even bother?
Aren't there a few items standard on the Canadian car that are options on the US car?

Not that they'd make up all the price difference. Destination and delivery charge for Canada is higher as well.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Thankfully I got mine for x plan, plus I got a $1250 rebate- so my car came in at $35,600. It was still more expensive than what I would pay in the US, but it was a price I could live with.

The only item standard that is an option in the US is the SAT. radio. Which by the way I am loving. I like the Oldies and there just are no Oldies stations within my range, so the sat. radio is pretty neat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I spoke to someone at Ford in Canada about the price values being so different in Canada versus the US, especially at a time when the Canuck Buck was besting the US dollar. They claimed that they price their models for each separate market, meaning there's basically a US price and a Canadian price regardless of where dollar values are. But being realistic, Canada is such a small market compared to the US. Only 10% of the Bullitts made will be heading north, so Ford is not too concerned about discounting a measly 700 Bullitts as there is simply no volume to play with. The only thing Canada sells in any volume are raincoats, rubber boots, and snow shovels. And these items can be had at a discount. Sad, but true.............

·
Registered
200 Posts
Also VicMark, just because you can't order a Bullitt doesn't mean you can't get one. I'm sure there are quite a few in Canada, as most don't even know what they are or represent. Do some searching of Ford dealers in Canada starting closest to home and send a few e-mails and make some calls. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised of how many there are to be had in Canada. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
goesfast said:
Also VicMark, just because you can't order a Bullitt doesn't mean you can't get one. I'm sure there are quite a few in Canada, as most don't even know what they are or represent. Do some searching of Ford dealers in Canada starting closest to home and send a few e-mails and make some calls. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised of how many there are to be had in Canada. Good Luck!!
Hi,
Actually I ordered a Bullitt on Dec 1. I expect it will arrive next month.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
goesfast said:
Only 10% of the Bullitts made will be heading north, so Ford is not too concerned about discounting a measly 700 Bullitts as there is simply no volume to play with. The only thing Canada sells in any volume are raincoats, rubber boots, and snow shovels. And these items can be had at a discount. Sad, but true.............
I'm not saying Ford should sell the Bullitt in Canada at a "discount" but simply at the same price as they do in the US, or very close to that price.

I always chuckle at this perception that Canada is the land of cold and snow, and in your case, wet. Where I live in Victoria, British Columbia, we golf, fish, and ride our motorcycles year 'round. We don't put our nice cars away for the winter either. We seldom get snow, or temperatures below freezing. We get some rain, but less than many places in the US, like Seattle for instance. Our weather here this time of year (and throughout the year actually) is better than the weather received in much of the US.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whammer said:
Thankfully I got mine for x plan, plus I got a $1250 rebate- so my car came in at $35,600. It was still more expensive than what I would pay in the US, but it was a price I could live with.

The only item standard that is an option in the US is the SAT. radio. Which by the way I am loving. I like the Oldies and there just are no Oldies stations within my range, so the sat. radio is pretty neat.
I also got the $1250 discount so ended up paying a little over $39K before taxes which I thought was fair value for the car.

As far as options go it seems US cars can be ordered with HID headlights and Ambient lighting however the Canadian cars cannot. I can understand the headlights but I don't know why we can't get the Ambient lighting...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I think a lot of this boils down to market size. Canada is just really not a very big market. I think it's more headache than profit for Ford. So vehicles are optioned and packaged differently to make production easier for Ford.

Go ask your dealer if they will accept x plan? You'll save yourself another $3000+.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Whammer said:
I think a lot of this boils down to market size. Canada is just really not a very big market. I think it's more headache than profit for Ford. So vehicles are optioned and packaged differently to make production easier for Ford.

Go ask your dealer if they will accept x plan? You'll save yourself another $3000+.
Buying plans are turned back on for the Bullitts.

T

·
0 Posts
I suggest anyone interested in these cars up in Canada spend some time phoning around. The financial markets are doing poorly, gas is expected to go through the roof, and it seems as if Canadian consumer confidence is beginning to waver somewhat. There are dealers out there who will deal fairly and respectfully. My final price for my Bullitt, with e-bonus, was $35 275.00 Canadian with block heater and locking wheel nuts. Before e-bonus the price we negotiated was about $450.00 over invoice. During an afternoon of phoning around I found another dealer, whom I had never previously dealt with, willing to sell me a Bullitt at $500.00 over invoice but required a deposit.

Look around. As others have mentioned, some of these cars will be collecting dust as the months continue.

Terry

1 - 20 of 28 Posts