Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have been looking at this site for a couple of months and have really found it to be intresting. I have decided that Im going to buy a new mustang and after reading about the bullitt have made the choice that this is the car for me. I have not been able to drive for almost three years because of a medical problem, but last week i got my license back so now its time for a new car. I began to look at a black bullitt in lubbock were i live and go to school. last week i talked with a sales person. the car is an 2009 they wanted $34,000 for it. I talked with them and they came down to 32,000. i thought this price was a little hight. I also got a bid from a dealer in austin for 30,000. this number did seem to be better. both cars are 2009 and black. neither of the cars have nav or the shaker 1000, that is fine with me. i was doing some reading and found people talking about getting bullitts for less than 30,000 some as low 28,000. my question is should i be able to get this type of price. i do not have the x-plan so i no that could be why they are so much lower. but the dealer in austin said the price was the x-plan price. I just want to get the best, deal that i can. the car will be bought with cash. i figure this is the best place to ask this question thank you for all the help.

josh

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hello Josh,

Welcome to IMBOC. Great choice of cars to buy.....

In my opinion, you should be able to do much better...

1. Cash buyer. Money talks. And you know what walks. In this day and age of problematic financing, you hold all the cards.

2. Karen and I just bought our Bullit in July. DHG number 115. Ours has Navagation, ambient lighting, HID's, the works.....Sticker was 34K and change. We ended up paying 29 and change. No X Plan, just a dealer that wanted to deal and move a car.

3. Look around and see if any of the dealers have any 08's left. They may be more apt to deal a bit more....

Welcome again, and best of luck,
Mike and Karen

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,834 Posts
Get $28,000.00 in $100 bills from the bank. Put it in a briefcase. Ask to talk to the houseman in private. Close the door. Open the briefcase. Lay the money out on the table. Tell him that's it and not a penny more. Within an hour you'll be driving away in a new Bullitt. Guaranteed.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If you shopping in Austin I know that Covert Ford had 4 2008's last month and offered on for $28,000 plus TTL. I think the cars are still there. I would also contact both Jordan and Northside Ford in San Antonio. Availability will be less in Lubbock than here or San Antonio, so prices will be more. Also check E-Bay, I know there is a dealership in Houston that was making good deals a while back. Financing is clearly an issue these days however.

·
Registered
32 Posts
All this "Cash is King" stuff amuses me...you have just as good of a chance, maybe better, of negotiating a fair price if you are financing the vehicle. The dealer gets a spiff on the finance from nearly every single lender he works with...so he may be inclined to sell for even a little LESS than to a cash buyer.

The dealer doesn't hold the note..he gets paid within a few days of delivering the car. He has no risk. And the paperwork for cash transactions of over 10K is burdensome.

It's 2008 folks....this ain't the Kettles negotiating moonshine deals out on the back 40.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guy. From reading what you guys say i have some work to do. I did get the quote from covert they do have 1 2008 left last time i checked. my dad going back in the morning to talk to them and see what kind of offer they will make on my 2002 gt. I worry that if i pass up to many cars looking for the lowest deal i will not be able to find a black bullitt for sale in the area. I think i no the what you guys will say but these cars really are worth the extra money over the GT? I think that it is i have not driven the normal gt but the ride i had in the bullitt was great, what a step up from my current car.

Josh

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
tbone65 said:
All this "Cash is King" stuff amuses me...you have just as good of a chance, maybe better, of negotiating a fair price if you are financing the vehicle. The dealer gets a spiff on the finance from nearly every single lender he works with...so he may be inclined to sell for even a little LESS than to a cash buyer.

The dealer doesn't hold the note..he gets paid within a few days of delivering the car. He has no risk. And the paperwork for cash transactions of over 10K is burdensome.

It's 2008 folks....this ain't the Kettles negotiating moonshine deals out on the back 40.....
Well, normally I would agree with you. But under the current circumstances, most of the financial institutions are running scared, and tightened up their lending guidelines severely.....So why would a dealer pass up a great deal from a cash buyer, only to go frustrate themselves searching out a funder? Agreed, normally the dealer gets a kickback from the finance company, but in this day and age....????
Just my opinion....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NovaSSfan said:
I've heard that any amount in cash over 10K could possibly spark an inquiry by the IRS as to the source of said cash.
if you put that kind of money in the bank it reported. I have no idea about what they do if you spend it on a car. But we have nothing to hide if the irs wants to look than i cant really stop them. we buy all of are cars with cash we just bought one in march with no problems so it should be ok.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You just have to fill out a form 8300 if you put down more than $10,000 in cash. It's not a big deal. My daily driver is an 07 GT (tungsten, auto), driving it for a year convinced me to sell my 94 Cobra to buy the Bullitt. I think the difference between my GT and my Bullitt is very significant, and well worth the additional price. The Bullitt is much quicker, the gears, manual trans and few additional ponies do make a difference. The interior is nicer, I love the stealth look, and I really love the way it sounds. In summary, pull the trigger and buy the Bullitt.

How about those Red Raiders? I'm a Texas Ex, but after watching Tech dismantle OSU, I think they can beat anyone this year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lambo said:
You just have to fill out a form 8300 if you put down more than $10,000 in cash. It's not a big deal. My daily driver is an 07 GT (tungsten, auto), driving it for a year convinced me to sell my 94 Cobra to buy the Bullitt. I think the difference between my GT and my Bullitt is very significant, and well worth the additional price. The Bullitt is much quicker, the gears, manual trans and few additional ponies do make a difference. The interior is nicer, I love the stealth look, and I really love the way it sounds. In summary, pull the trigger and buy the Bullitt.

How about those Red Raiders? I'm a Texas Ex, but after watching Tech dismantle OSU, I think they can beat anyone this year.
thanks for your help. Im really exited about the car. i cant wait to get it. it should be really fun, i just need to save some money and start the modding. It sure does look like tech can beat any one, the texas game was really good it got really crazy around these parts. Im sure mac will have texas right back in it next year.

josh

·
Registered
930 Posts
o2gt said:
I think i no the what you guys will say but these cars really are worth the extra money over the GT? I think that it is i have not driven the normal gt but the ride i had in the bullitt was great, what a step up from my current car.

Josh
I think it comes down to personal preference - if you're going to mod the car then any GT-based car will do...if you want something a bit different from the outset, then the Bullitt offers great value, especially now as others have mentioned, you have the option to shop around for a good deal...

If, like me you just have to have the car in Highland Green...then it's an even simpler choice...
I didn't buy into the 'better suspension, brakes, uprated engine and gears' when I read the reviews, but it is slightly better than a stock GT and probably on a par with a Shelby GT 4.6 - I'll still be dropping it another inch and putting a blower on it though...

I don't go for 'bling' on my car under any circumstances - we English go for subtle and understated - until it's time to let rip...this car is perfect for me...

·
Registered
353 Posts
CASH really doesn't talk anymore

I asked My dealership owner if I could pay him in Cash, I thought it would be cool, $31,000 cash purchase... He asked me to write a check, said he did not really want to deal with the cash.

When I bought my last Tractor I asked if they would give me a better deal for cash, they said no, they were offering 0% financing and didn't care if I paid cash or not. Now playing the Green against the Orange saved me over $3000...

Sadly CASH really doesn't talk anymore not like it once did.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can get a Bullitt at invoice, maybe less. No question there. But beware the "back end" of the deal, because the dealer is going to try to make as much money off you as possible.

1) If you are trading in your 2002 GT, they are going to want to give you a lot less than it's worth, so that when they sell it they can make a tidy profit. If you can sell it privately, you'll get more money.

2) A dealer can sell at invoice and still make money because of the holdback- about $1000 on a Bullitt.

3) A dealer can make extra profit by tacking on charges such as documentation fees, paint protection, etc. Don't agree to pay for those.

4) If you have $30,000 cash, and good credit, I would see if you can invest the $30K at a higher interest rate than a loan. For example, if you can put that 30K in a CD around 5% and get 3.9% financing to purchase the car, you will make money on the deal.

On edit: X-plan is right around invoice, not much difference between the two. You probably won't need X-plan to get a great deal, but if you do there are many people in the Ford community online who will give you an X-plan number. A Ford employee I knew from one of the forums gave me a x-plan number just in case I needed it (didn't need it after all).

·
Registered
32 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Well, normally I would agree with you. But under the current circumstances, most of the financial institutions are running scared, and tightened up their lending guidelines severely.....So why would a dealer pass up a great deal from a cash buyer, only to go frustrate themselves searching out a funder? Agreed, normally the dealer gets a kickback from the finance company, but in this day and age....????
Just my opinion....
I respectfully dis-agree.....do not buy into the doom and gloom media hype. Yes, commercial credit is tight, and yes, mortgage loans are tougher to qualify for now then 3 years ago. However, if you have even decent, mid range credit, there are loans avaialable now. Local credit unions are generally in good shape nationwide, because they avoided becoming entangled in the mortgage mess. Ford has agressive finance packages avaialble now, as do most of the major auto lenders.

I work in the major purchase retail environment, and I will not support all the negative hype about credit right now. I know someone is gonna flame away, but I stand by the statement that money for auto loans is currently readily avaialble, at good rates, with minimal hassle.

If you are a credit criminal, in years past you could get bought anywhere. For those folks, the lending rules have tightened up substantially. However, as I said, if you have decent or above credit, you should not have any issue at all.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
tbone65 said:

Get credit where? I have been lucky enought to buy with cash, and if dealers don't respond to that I just walk. As per CNBC (MARKET) talking heads, cash does talk- NOW!
Don't take this reply as to start an arument about the economy, just my $.02 CASH

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
tbone65 said:
I respectfully dis-agree.....do not buy into the doom and gloom media hype. Yes, commercial credit is tight, and yes, mortgage loans are tougher to qualify for now then 3 years ago. However, if you have even decent, mid range credit, there are loans avaialable now. Local credit unions are generally in good shape nationwide, because they avoided becoming entangled in the mortgage mess. Ford has agressive finance packages avaialble now, as do most of the major auto lenders.

I work in the major purchase retail environment, and I will not support all the negative hype about credit right now. I know someone is gonna flame away, but I stand by the statement that money for auto loans is currently readily avaialble, at good rates, with minimal hassle.

If you are a credit criminal, in years past you could get bought anywhere. For those folks, the lending rules have tightened up substantially. However, as I said, if you have decent or above credit, you should not have any issue at all.
OK "tbone65" Sounds like you know what your talking about and have experience on this subject , but I know credit lines have been reduced for some even with GOOD ratings, and especially for the people who got into A bad morgage whoever you believe was at fault. So as to my feelings they still stand. I stand by MONEY TALKS thats the way I handle major purchases -Works For Me, and Live within my means Media Hype or Not!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
tbone65 said:

OK "tbone65" Sounds like you know what your talking about and have experience on this subject , but I know credit lines have been reduced for some even with GOOD ratings, and especially for the people who got into A bad morgage whoever you believe was at fault. So as to my feelings they still stand, I stand by MONEY TALKS thats the way I handle major purchases -Works For Me, Media Hype or Not! No flame intended you just touched on a sensitive issue with me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.