Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I test drove a bullitt. First Mustang I have driven. I have owned Vettes, Porsche and Supra TT. This car was pure FUN. And that exhaust- incredible. The dealer said sticker or no car. Is everyone paying sticker? (car was not a demo- had 2 miles on it). Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
No, everyone is not paying sticker, but some have. If my Bullitt was no longer, I'd probably pay sticker to replace it - if it was perfect. Read the posts, look closely, and if it's a perfect picture, it may be worth sticker. There will be no other new Bullitts in the not too distant future. Good luck and.....try to deal 'em down anyway!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
01GTCOUPE is right! I've seen some dealers trying to get more than sticker, but I don't know of anyone who has payed more. Remember to check for rebates

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
There is a $1500.00 rebate and or low finance through end of July. If sticker is over $26,830.00 MSRP than have dealer look at FOMO web site and tell him you'll pay MSRP - rebate, that would'nt be a bad buy at all. Especially if it is in real cherry condition and you really want it. I would go for it, for there are not that many left at the dealerships.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I got it on "A" plan thanks to my Dad, which somewhat skews the results. I was lucky enough to walk away with mine for $24,156! :smile:

Joe

·
Registered
280 Posts
The going rate in the Seattle area is MSRP minus applicable rebates. I've seen neighboring dealers asking as much as $3500 over MSRP, but having to drop back to MSRP.

All three of ours went for MSRP ($27,380 with Mach audio) less the rebates and/or low finance rates. We've been lucky that all of ours were nearly perfect with no issues to report.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks. I had no idea there was a rebate on the Bullitt- I knew there was one on the GT. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I payed window sticker less $1500.00, less $750.00 rebate. Not a bad day at the dealership.

I will never purchase a vehicle from any dealer who puts a premium on a vehicle. I'm still angry at Honda and Toyota for their markups during the energy crisis during the 1980's. Translation: will never buy recycled GM's (Boy this will get a rise from some people)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info. Your right, if there was no demand for this vehicle it would go for a little over invoice. The market rules set forth since time started even apply to Bullits!

·
Registered
360 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-22 01:56, DHG-1934 wrote:
I got it on "A" plan thanks to my Dad, which somewhat skews the results. I was lucky enough to walk away with mine for $24,156! :smile:

Joe
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The dealer wouldn't give me A-plan. I paid sticker - $750 cash back and 0.9% financing with a few oil changes thrown in. I wasn't going to let mine get away.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I paid sticker (23,000) with a $1600 deduction, as well as a $1500 rebate, free oil changes through 50,000 kms, a mustang car cover, an umbrella. So all I had to pay was $20000 and give my salesman a bottle of Amber Lambs Rum ($20). I got a smokin deal. The car had 200 km of test drives and 'dealer transporting'. It was in perfect shape, and I have had nothing wrong with it so far.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
By the way, to that previous post...that is not including taxes (which were 17% total!! 7% Provincial Sales Tax, 7% Federal Sales Tax - GST -, and 3% Luxury Tax) YES, LUXURY tax...in Canada Luxury tax starts at cars above $32,000 CDN...so about 20000 US.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I picked mine up on X-Plan. So mine was a little skewed like with DHG-1934. But not by much I got her for $25K not including the rebate. Where is this $1.5K rebate that everyone is talking about. All they have by me is $1,000 or $750 and financing, or 0.9% financing. Is it a regional thing or did I get taken.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
I paid sticker ($27, 300) but didn't mind very much. i got everything i wanted in this car (except factory quality) and everything i wanted on my 99 GT trade in
another dealer said he was asking 2K over sticker so i went elsewhere

·
Registered
828 Posts
I paid 22,500 I got it for invoice minus 1500 rebate and trade-in. I bought at Cook County Ford in Adel GA their policy is to sell all vehicles for invoice or just a little above no matter the make or model.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Payed $800.00 below MSRP, and recieved the $1000 rebate. It took me a month of e-mailing many dealers and finally weeding out the flakes from the those who were serious to sell that darn thing. My dealership in Northern California supposedly had a shipment of Bullitts coming in two of them being DHG. $500 deposit got me one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Picked mine up on the X plan for 25K, less $750 rebate and 4.9% financing for 36 months. I made the decision to pursue the purchase while researching the Bullitt on the internet. I emailed the Ford dealers in the area to see what the chances were to buy one. I didn't think I had a chance based on the limited production and the interest generated. Surprisingly, all 4 dealers responded that they either had them in stock or could get them. I made a bee line to the closest dealer and closed the sale.

BTW, mine only has one speed and all of a sudden, all of the traffic seems to be in my way. What's that all about?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
After the dust settled I financed just over $26. That was after trade-in (98GT) and after they took off for the MACH stereo since when I ordered it they didn't know for sure if it was going to be standard. If it wasn't they would eat the stereo. I took the 5.9% for 5 yrs instead of the cash rebate.
Cam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts