Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I took #85 to the track. I must say that the car feels impressive from the drivers seat... But the numbers just weren't there. It was a warm night with high humidity. Has anyone else out there been on the track and pulled numbers near the 13.90 to 13.70's that I've read about in the magazines?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,030 Posts
Welcome to the Club qtrhorse! BTW, I put your Bullitt # in the Registry in the Forum "Bullittproof". You have a really low number, huh! How did you come across Bullittclub, may we ask? Just curious... :smile:

Vicki

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Viki
I found your forum after searching Stangnet for any info on the Bullitt. My Bullitt was originally ordered by someone else at the start of the the Bullitt program. After it arrived the person that ordered it decided that they wanted a DHG Bullit instead and # 85 wound up on the dealership lot for 4 months before I found it sitting next to DHG Bullitt I believe it was # 4384. Thanks for the welcome... I look forward to meeting many more of you through this forum.

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It ran 3 passes all in the 14.50's. This is the first 5 speed 4.6 car that I have run. The amazing thing is how consistent the times were give that the launch point was adjusted by 500 RPM on each pass starting at 2000 RPM. I am wondering if lowering the shift point from 5500 RPM to 5000 RPM will help. Any advice?

·
Registered
37 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-03 07:31, qtrhorse wrote:
It ran 3 passes all in the 14.50's. This is the first 5 speed 4.6 car that I have run. The amazing thing is how consistent the times were give that the launch point was adjusted by 500 RPM on each pass starting at 2000 RPM. I am wondering if lowering the shift point from 5500 RPM to 5000 RPM will help. Any advice?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes. Shift at 5800 RPM.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Qtrhorse,there are a few who have gotten down in the 13s at 100 or better. I,myself,have been stuck in the 14 teens at 99.89,heck just call it 100 MPH!! It is all about the launch,first 60 ft. and shifting. Traction and good air and luck will get you there. But I must remember,this horse is not all about laying down quick numbers on the track. It is a fine,very fine combo of a nice handling,looking road and track machine. 14.11 at 100 is fine for me......Just like most of all those late 60s and 1970 Musclecars of my past. My only other mod,other than the Cold air setup,will be an off-road H-pipe,to further enhance that great exhaust note!! Welcome to the Club!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-03 07:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-03 07:53, Black_Bullit wrote:
On 2001-11-03 07:31, qtrhorse wrote:

Yes. Shift at 5800 RPM.

definately shift around 5800-6000
see my sig
or Jb or Ray A. they have some good times better than me ={

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check them out next time I'm at the track. I just wish the track was open every day. As far as other aspects of the Bullitt are concerned, I really appreciate these cars. Ford finally had a good idea and used sweveral parts that Mustang owners are putting on thier cars anyway. I love the big brakes. What I noticed after looking through the forum is that the times these cars are posting are varying quite a bit. Having done most of my track time in a stock 5.0 that runs 13's I am wondering if the 4.6 needs to be driven different to net the best results.

QTRHORSE

1,169 Posts
On 2001-11-02 22:18, qtrhorse wrote:
Recently I took #85 to the track. I must say that the car feels impressive from the drivers seat... But the numbers just weren't there. It was a warm night with high humidity. Has anyone else out there been on the track and pulled numbers near the 13.90 to 13.70's that I've read about in the magazines?
Hi and welcome aboard!!! My best time is 13.73 at 99mph. I shift about 5800 my bullitt is stock with nitto's GOOD LUCK at the track.
JB on this site just ran a 13.33 stock with nitto's!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ray,

I had read that these cars could do 13.90 to 13.70 which I think is prett good. As far as a 13.30.... What can I say. Must have been a fun ride. I hope to be there someday.

QTRHORSE

1,169 Posts
On 2001-11-04 18:31, qtrhorse wrote:
Ray,

I had read that these cars could do 13.90 to 13.70 which I think is prett good. As far as a 13.30.... What can I say. Must have been a fun ride. I hope to be there someday.

QTRHORSE
13.30's are very sweet!!! JB run's at a very good track and the water was in the 50's. Also JB is an excellent driver! I got to the 13.70's with advise from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts