1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-31 12:34, Blakwing wrote:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?s=f061085f65c66832d776d9f040d84ba5&threadid=53094

Hey there guys (And gals). Looks like they're trying to put together a Bullitt registry over at Stangnet.. Id plates, t-shirts, etc. Thanx to the hard work put in here already I think we can make this happen. They're looking for support over there and they have the in's with ford as well. Give it a looksee and tell 'em what ya think.

Steve

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

How does everyone see this fit with bullittclub? Should we scrap bullittclub and move to stangnet, or stay unaffiliated, or.. ?

I'm open to going where the majority decides. I am a little concerned that we would be strictly affiliated with Stangnet (shirts and stuff), since I can't get the site to load well sometimes. :smile:

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh not at all.. I hope that's not what you guys took my meaning to be... :sad:
We definitely stay here as well. This is a lot more personal and our own little neck of the woods. But if we can also get in with a group that has a bit of pull and the proper connections to get things done, get in on discounts, etc, by all means we should take advantage of it. As for being "Strictly Affiliated with Stangnet" goes.. I don't think that would happen. At least I hope not.. and if that's the case I would be against it. There's plenty of room on a T-shirt for more than one logo. :smile:

We don't abandon this site for the sake of another. This is our little home and the only people that come here are those that are interested in all things Bullitt. That's the way I'd like to keep it.. this is going to be a great little home for us.. We've just moved in and we've still got some boxes to unpack and some pictures to hang on the walls, but once it gets a bit more lived in it'll be absolutely fantastic. But while we're unpacking I don't see anything wrong with going over to the neighbors house, introducing ourselves and having a barbeque or 2. :smile:

Steve

2001 DHG Bullitt #171
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Always remember.. Pillage BEFORE you burn</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blakwing on 2001-05-31 14:05 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i agree, let's stay together here! we've all kind of been in this thing together all this time and i feel a certain bond, spirit, comraderie with you guys( and vickie & joyce). it's actually been pretty nice getting to know you guys a little! i'd hate to water that down!! will check out Stangnet this afternoon! might want to do that too, but the guys i first "met" at Blue Oval News will ALWAYS be the most important Bullittheads to me!!!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-05-31 14:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-05-31 14:04 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-31 14:02, mystang99 wrote:
i agree, let's stay together here! we've all kind of been in this thing together all this time and i feel a certain bond, spirit, comraderie with you guys( and vickie & joyce). it's actually been pretty nice getting to know you guys a little! i'd hate to water that down!! will check out Stangnet this afternoon! might want to do that too, but the guys i first "met" at Blue Oval News will ALWAYS be the most important Bullittheads to me!!!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

Well, I am not sure how to proceed. Does anyone know how we could form an "official" Bullitt Owners Club? What steps do we need to take, etc.? Or do we keep this website, and join Stangnet's registry and be affiliated with them?

I do have a contact who I hope to sync up with and meet some of Team Mustang in the near future at a Mustang event, but I am not sure how to proceed with any sort of official club. I can do the techy and the artist bit, but as far as organization, and getting a larger group, I would need help.

Whatcha all think?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know.. I have no idea. :wink:
Not much help I'm sure. But if you've got some contacts down maybe they could tell you. Sometimes the easiest questions to answer are the direct ones..
You speaking to team Mustang guy. " A quick question.. i've got a bunch of Bullitt nuts who want to start up an official club and was wondering if you knew how we'd go about doing that or if you knew some people we could get into contact with?"

I'm going to throw up some e-mails and see if anyone bites on it.. Maybe this is easier than we think and just need to ask the questions?

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-31 15:25, Blakwing wrote:
You know.. I have no idea. :wink:
Not much help I'm sure. But if you've got some contacts down maybe they could tell you. Sometimes the easiest questions to answer are the direct ones..
You speaking to team Mustang guy. " A quick question.. i've got a bunch of Bullitt nuts who want to start up an official club and was wondering if you knew how we'd go about doing that or if you knew some people we could get into contact with?"

I'm going to throw up some e-mails and see if anyone bites on it.. Maybe this is easier than we think and just need to ask the questions?

Steve

I was thinking about hitting up a few other people who run some of these "clubs", like maybe the Ford Countour club. It can't be that hard, you know?

Also, I won't get a chance to (possibly) meet anyone from Team Mustang until August, so I wanted to run some bases before then.

As far as Shirts, no problem, we can still have Bullitthead shirts and Stangnet Bullitt Registry shirts. As far as the Badge, well, since there usually is only one, I will talk with Mike over at Stangnet and see what his thoughts are. It has to look cool. :smile:

I just didn't want to step on his toes, like he said about us. One big family.. none of the BON arguing crap, you know?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I don't see why we can't do both. It's kinda like belonging to MCA and your local club. You do the local for the everyday contacts and exchange ideas and the national club for the power in the numbers and being recognized by Ford. I personnaly like the site here. I'm going to go check out Stangnet and see what's up there.
Cam

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I really like this site. I vote to keep it active. I will contribute in anyway I can.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
well i checked out stangnet and registered over there. love the idea of a national registry or club of some kind but would also love to see this site stay active and stay in touch with all the people here! won't be able to contribute technicalyy but will help out with a donation or yearly fee if necessary!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,052 Posts
I think it is a good idea, too. I like how we Bullittheads talk only about Bullitts. On other forums they talk a lot of junk. I would hope that the Stangnet Bullitt Forum would be like ours.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Let's keep this site just for Bullitt interested folks,StangNet sounds like it is for all Mustangers.By my number I'm a late joe, but it is SWMBO and mine. IMO which is like behinds, we all have one,just some look better than others.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I agree with Steve. We need to keep this site and group going here. Here, we can imerse ourselves in Bullitts only, a bit of exclusivity, which is nice. The national site/registry would, hopefully, have clout to interface with Ford for our benefit but lets kep our little family here.

Brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree with all those that want to remain a separate club. More can be accomplished for us if we remain separate. As others have said, we can and should associate with other Mustang organizations, but we are a separate and unique group of enthusiasts. I would also like to offer my support to form our own club.

John (schmedlap)
Bullitt #910

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-06-06 08:09, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
Stangnet is a good place to visit, but my heart belongs here!

We've shared so much from the beginning and I just don't want to ever lose that!

We all started the 1st Bullitt Club and if anyone affiliates, they should affiliate with us, not the other way around.

And clout? If most of the Bullitt owners come here, we will have clout!

I rather like our exclusiveness! :smile:

Agreed. And I know for a fact that if some doofus comes on here and starts being a jerk about the bullitt (like on BON and Stangenet etc) when they know that the entire site is dedicated the car, they will get squashed like a beercan tailpipe. :smile:

Seriously, I have no issues with Stangnet, but we are more focused here, and we already have a registry running, and some talented and loyal users. This being said I still want to offer my help to Mike at stangnet wherever possible (but I never heard back from him).

Spread the word!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't know....I just got here and I kind of like things the way they are here.....it's more exclusive. Besides, I have found that the Stangnet forums are a bit slower in the past.

We can do what they are proposing here if we all chip in and help.

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
obviously we are dedicated exclusivly to the Bullitt here and 1Nasty is right. a LOT of us have been together since early April and the new folks are pretty cool too!
will help Stangnet witha National Registry if they want but it's even MORE important to me to stay connected with all of you!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey Steve, Love your new sig. Someday I gotta get enough smarts to do That! :smile:Also I feel at home here, even though I do cruise the other sites. You guys running this show are doing a fine job. AH just a few more posts to SUPER BULLITTHEAD! :lol:

#1748 DHG :bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-16 18:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with first alliance here. I have also found it difficult to register at stangnet, and that it's pretty time consuming reading this club,BON and now adding stangnet. I must admit I'm over there once in a while anyway and I think with their purchase of a bullitt and the info they will be releasing on their project car, it couldn't hurt for us to be involved.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree with all the other posts. I always come here first, if I have time I may check out some other ones.
KEEP THIS SITE GOING.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts