1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't see a faithful remake happening, it just wouldn't have the potential to sell enough tickets in the producers' eyes. Todays movies (action in particular) are too in your face and overdone to capture the original essence of the film. I don't see a major studio having the balls to leave the characters as they were. McQueen's character was depicted in such a way as to project the type of person he was without having to explain or give a back story. You just knew who he was.

Regardless of who they get to take the part, the role will not stand on its own. Viewers nowadays aren't trusted to be able to see the character on their own, so the studio will add unnecessary fodder to ensure Bullitt is depicted as they would like him to be seen. Add to that the Bruckheimer effect and it will lose the subtlety that made the first version such a classic.

The first time I saw Bullitt, I was about ten or eleven and in bed for the night. My father came upstairs to wake me out of my slumber and dragged me downstairs to see the chase scene because it happened to be on TV that night. I don't remember the first time I saw most movies, but that one left a distinct impression on me. Twenty years later, it's still clear as a bell.

While I don't think it'll hold a candle to the original, you're damn right I'll go see it. If anything, it will be one kick ass chase scene!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
But his handlers no nothing about it..... So it is still just a rumor.
I dunno Greg. "But where's there's smoke,

there's someone smoking Hash!"

To paraphrase a line.... :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Daniel Craig would have been a better choice, IMO.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There is a movie I won't be seeing... Brad Pitt is a pretty boy. Steve McQueen is the essence of cool. Like when Johnny Depp tried to do Willy Wonka. Sorry dude, you can not match Gene Wilder on that one.

Some things should be left alone.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That has been proved to be a rehash of the old rumor from years ago. There's no truth to it. Chad is raking in the bucks managing his father's image and I hope he has enough sense to realize that you can't remake "Bullitt".

·
Registered
258 Posts
While I agree it's most likely just a rumor at this point, if it does get green-lighted, I agree with helty, Daniel Craig should play Frank Bullitt. I just don't see pretty boy Pitt driving a Mustang around. But after seeing Craig in the latest Bond, he's got my vote. :smile:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
IMBd doesn`t have it and if it isn`t scheduled for production NOW.......it couldn`t be out in 2008.
Well, MAYBE by Christmas.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yea, Daniel Craig looks more the part. His style could work too. But right next to impossible to follow the Bullitt story too close. Come on the movie is REAL slow. (except for the chase scene)Todays movie go'ers wouldn't sit that long. To remake a classic is a tough job.

I have a source that has contacted me to use MY CAR for the movie:):):)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think we should all pray they use a mustang and not a CIVIC or something, as that seems to be the Hollywood trend at the moment...

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Nyt_Muves said:
I think we should all pray they use a mustang and not a CIVIC or something, as that seems to be the Hollywood trend at the moment...
OK, a Civic of some kind...(link:http://youtube.com/watch?v=btNtU2npn70&mode=related&search= ) to the civic with a fa*tcan...:mad: and some 100.00 studio custom multicolor flip flop paint job:rolleyes:

Although the Italian Job used Minis like the original did. So, maybe there is some hope that they would reuse/reissue a Mustang GT(s) like before. They can put a single color HG custom paint job on one for a Motor Trend article, surely they can manage one for a movie car or two!:neutral:

And yes to Daniel Craig. Although I prefer Matt Damon, even if he doesn't resemble Steve as much as Daniel Craig. He is just better at acting. I find his characters (Jason Bourne included) more convincing than Daniel Craig, even if he did do 007.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thank you :)
As soon as I saw the new 007 I told my g/f that he should play Frank Bullitt in the new moview.

Bullitt1067

helty said:
Daniel Craig would have been a better choice, IMO.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
BULLITT207 said:
I think Kevin Costner should play Bullitt Because.................Didn't we do this topic already
So do you suppose the should rename the movie also?

Maybe: "For the Love of Frank"
or : "Dances with Mustangs"
or : "The Homicide Detective"

I'm joking of course...........:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts