Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have seen at least one Bullitt person on BON say they wish they had held out for the Mach 1, so my question is how many of you wish you had, who might get rid of the Bullitt for one, and is anyone going to get one? How many of you plan on having both in the garage? I wish I could. The one thing I like better is the motor, I like all the other things better about the Bullitt, but an orange Mach 1 would be killer!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Based on the appearance I saw, I would almost hesitate to claim it's a Stang! The shaker looks like a fedex box placed over the middle of the hood and the rear end is pure "D" ugly. I think they have a lot of work to do on it; even with the neat motor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ALWAYS seem to regret buying what I did when it's replaced by something else. But in this case, I couldn't be happier that I chose the Bullitt. It's much more beautiful than the Mach1... in my opinion. Plus, as cool as the blue may be, I think the DHG is just heads and tails above.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I am more then happy with my BULLITT..... I have no interest in any of the other mustang variations, they all are great in their right but not for me personally This Mustang fits me just fine thank you....
I could have, but did not buy a GT or a Cobra, nor would I this new Mach-1 if it was to come to fruition. I was the same way in 1970 when I ordered my BOSS 302.... i was not interested in the mach-1 then either

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I love my bullitt. That said, I'm sure it won't be the last Mustang I Buy. I'll wait and see what the vehicle is like once it makes it to production. If I like what I see then I'll go for it. If not I'll wait for one I do like.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I've wanted a Mustang ever since my Mom got her '81 4cyl brand new. It was a stripped down, 4 sp, no air, AM radio, white wall tire havin', Bright yellow beast that I had to climb in and out if the back seat of for almost 10 years.
Now that being said I've been through 7 different cars of my own since then. 2 of them brand new. I could've bought a Mustang at any time.. but I didn't. When I First saw the Bullitt Concept I KNEW this was going to be MY Mustang. Sure the Mach 1 is neat and will be faster.. but while it gets the whole.. "Hey that's pretty cool" thought goin' in my head it just doesn't stir the same emotional desire that the Bullitt fired in me. So.. am I sorry I didn't wait? Not one bit. I love my car and it will most likely be the Mustang I have and love for a veeeeeeeeeeeery long time.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
well, as CAM and Jimmy Ray (and others)said, if you grew up int the 70's and/or have a passion for Mach 1's you'd know just how cool it is that Team Mustang is (probably)producing the Mach 1 Concept. it touches on most of the original car's featues and is pretty cool if you're one of us getting older farts. that concept car brings back a LOT of memories....would like to see a longer, sweptback rear C-pillar area like the old Mach 1 though!!!
but also liked smasher's comment. i am very happy with the Bullitt and if someone made me choose,.......i'd stick with the Bullitt!
HOWEVER............it would be pretty cool to be able to afford and garage them BOTH!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-26 16:36 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Well, I'm on the fence. I have a DHG due mid July. I'm am thinking of waiting for the Mach I. Everything I like about the Bullitt will be available on the Mach I plus more hp and I personally like the shaker hood. The big difference being the Bullitt is sleek and stealthy about business, whereas the Mach I will be more of a "here I am" look. I love the Bullitt, but I think the 4v motor better suits my taste. I am leaning toward the Mach I at this point. We'll see. I have a few weeks to decide.

Brad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9mmBullitt on 2001-06-26 15:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I wouldn't get rid of my Bullitt, for the new MACH1, I like both ideas behind both cars. But if I could talk my wife into trading her Jeep, I think both would look great in my garage. I not sorry I didn't wait......
I got a great idea all the Bullitt owners who are just passing "I got a Bullitt" people will sell their cars so they can buy a MACH1 means more Bullitts for us.
Bullittoids. What do you think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder why so many people seem to think that just because something is cool, it makes something else less cool.

This new Mach 1 concept is really cool, but how does it, by any stretch of the imagination, make the Bullitt less cool?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The idea of special edition Mach1 is just as cool as the Special Edition Bullitt. However, I will not be getting rid of my Bullitt for one. I love this car and it will be staying with me for a VERY long time.

Given the choice, I'd prefer a classic Mach 1 anyway. A 69 or 70 Mach 1 to sit in my garage and keep #172 company...hmmmmm.....I like that idea.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
9mm, one thing to remember is Ford said as a 2003 vehicle!! i would think that means at least a year before we see one, maybe longer

·
Registered
264 Posts
Likewise on all of the above.

Around the corner always comes something new. I picked this car because I loved the idea and the concept behind it. It is my special vehicle and I will be keeping it for a long time.

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
you weren't very clear Bob,...how do you REALLY feel about someone dumping a Bullitt for a Mach 1????
(kidding)

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
You're right Bob, Ford hasn't said for sure they are going to make the MACH yet. I think it would be cool to have one with the Bullitt, but i think I'll do okay with #745 as my ride for as long as I can see.
On another note...Just picked her up from the garage today. This has been a long week!! I pulled around front and went to tell my sales guy about the MACH and when I came out there was three guys walking in circles around my car with that lusty look in their eyes!!! As soon as I walked up they were just going on about how cool that car was. One guy said I was the luckiest guy he knew to have one and that he never though he'd see on in person. I explained to him about what I went through to get it and then told him about the MACH and he said he'd keeps his eyes open for it. When I was walking out to the car and saw those guys around it and rememberd how it was picking it up I thought of a good analogy for the Bullitt...it's like have a big dog turd in the yard and watch the flys get all over it!!!! :grin:
Cam

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Cobra, GT, Bullitt, Spring Feature, Mach 1, Salen, Rouch, Kenny Brown, etc..............They're all MUSTANGS! Accept a little variety and freedom to choice something different. That's always been one of the nice things about these vehicles is the way you can express yourself with them. Lighten up!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good analogy CAM!
i think all of us know EXACTLy what you were feeling when you walked back to your car and saw people admiring it!!

i forget what movie it was ( something with a stolen missle)but it reminds me of John Travolta saying:
"YEAH, AIN'T IT COOL?" (with MUCHO GUSTO!)
and you just knew down deep in your gut that it was TOTALLY cool!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-26 17:31 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-26 16:46, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
All I have else to say is, IF you dump your Bullitt for a Mach I, you're not worthy of owning a Bullitt! :razz:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
PULLLEEEESE!!! I guess you are the expert to determine the worthiness of potential Bullitt owners. I appreciate your passion for the Bullitt, but don't go overboard.

Brad

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
9mm, reserve your judgement of Bullitthead excitement, passion, & maybe overzealousness until after you've received and driven yours for a week, OK?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The new Mach1 looks pretty cool (if they manage to build it) but I don't have any remorse over buying my Bullitt. There will always be something new and interesting to come out, if you keep on waiting for the next next thing you will never get anything. I have a friend who won't buy a computer, because he figures in a few months it will be obsolete anyway. :wink: So he just goes without. It will be interesting to see if it does get built, with all those mods it would not be surprising if the price exceeded that of the Cobra, then there will be all sorts of internal Ford political issues.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts