Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Whammer said:
This is a new review I came across, plus it's got some very good pics. One pic shows the interior view as the car is going over the golden gate bridge.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/834/834414p1.html
I don't know why everyone is doggin' the dash ???

I like what they did. I think it really looks good.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I like the way everyone thinks the price is steep for what you're getting, but no one I saw complained about the GT/CS when it came out and they were selling for just as much or more.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: the dash.

I think some people bash the dash because it surprises them that this is in the Bullitt. But what else might Ford have done?
Wood grain? I think that would look like crap.
Carbon fiber? Maybe.
Same dash as in the V6, GT and GT500? Nothing wrong with that.

But this engine turned dash is completely unique to the Bullitt and helps to set it apart. And it's not a cheap stick on. It's well crafted. I'm glad Ford did it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
did I see a Blue Bullitt in those pics?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Whammer said:
Re: the dash.

I think some people bash the dash because it surprises them that this is in the Bullitt. But what else might Ford have done?
Wood grain? I think that would look like crap.
Carbon fiber? Maybe.
Same dash as in the V6, GT and GT500? Nothing wrong with that.

But this engine turned dash is completely unique to the Bullitt and helps to set it apart. And it's not a cheap stick on. It's well crafted. I'm glad Ford did it.
+1 on the wood grain looking like crap and the engine turning being well crafted...well appears to be well crafted. I like it, heck I want one. The wallet doesn't work that way though, it's pretty flat already!

And if folks think it's too expensive, they should buy a GT and make a poser. I wonder what that would cost?

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
personally i like the ''flat/ribbed aluminum look like what is on my shelby GT
might even consider carbon fiber look ..... we will see when she gets in how it looks up close and personal

·
Registered
200 Posts
You know, it's funny how that dash is beginning to grow on me. At first, I was quite reserved about how it might taint the car, but now, it just may be the most unique item of the whole Bullitt package. How strange is that? Now, I find myself actually pulled towards it and am happy that it will be a "Bullitt Only" item. A brave move by Ford, but I think they nailed the dash (and the whole car too!).

·
Registered
722 Posts
jainser said:
Another review here. Mustang Life Digital Magazine
Nice, uh, link you got there, buddy.

:)

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Sorry buddy, I have no idea how to link!!!

Me and computers aren't really on talking terms most of the time!!

and when we do talk it's generally me swearing at it!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Cool, thanks for the new wallpaper :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nice internet magazine-- sorry no linky..just bring up Yahoo--type in Mustang Life and you'll quickly find it.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
01281Sc93 said:
Nice internet magazine-- sorry no linky..just bring up Yahoo--type in Mustang Life and you'll quickly find it.
Holy Crap......how the heck are you David?????
haven't seen or heard you in a long, LONG time!!!!

Marty

1 - 20 of 24 Posts