Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was just thinking about the rumor about a Bullitt movie coming out next year. I know it's only a rumor, but I think it would be a great idea. I meet so many young guys that either never head of Steve McQueen, or the movie. I know that when I saw the movie in 68 when I was 16, it really blew my mind. It would give the same opportunity to a whole new generation.
The car is going to be released next spring, the Charger is already done, and hey, why not give one of our car a small part, or a cameo appearance?. I think it would be really cool, Maybe Steve himself would even make an appearance, remember the commercial for the 05 Stang when it was introduced? Any thoughts?
Steve :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
WB needs to announce, otherwise it is speculative at best at this point in time. Pitt has nothing in the works regarding starring in a remake of "Bullitt". I still don't think he is quite right for this role. If he gets it, then my bet is that Angelina will play Cathy. :wink:

UPDATE: Don't fret all you Steve McQueen fans. Ford got in touch with Brad Pitt's management, who didn't know anything about a remake or Pitt's involvement. The credibility of this rumor's source, Monsters and Critics, was also called into question. Still, with all the positive buzz GM has earned for its involvement with Transformers, you'd think Ford would be all over a remake that stars Brad Pitt next to a recently released '08 Bullitt Mustang.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again. You cannot remake "Citizen Kane", you cannot remake "Casablanca", you cannot remake "Shane", and it would be a big mistake remaking "Bullitt" It can't be improved.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Who said anything about improving it. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. If they can make a buck off the name they will. The ONLY way to do it is make a sequel to the original set in present day.You don't touch the integrity of the original.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I had brought this subject up at work with a co worker of mine the other day. He said when he had first seen the original it blew him away, also he said he would like to see the new one just to get some the experiance back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts