Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recomendations on what is the best way to get the ultimate shine for my Bullitt. I mean I look at some of the picks of your Bullitss and I am in awe of them. Any help

·
Registered
494 Posts
When I took mine. I used the 3 step Meguiars with clay bar. Then carefully drove to the spot and then a soft cloth wipedown.

Chad

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold...seems to work well on Black..this pic was taken at a gas station on the way home from the 2007 Shootout...not too bad:D

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Zaino Brothers polish...one of the best show polish's I've seen

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I also use Zanios...... Wash, Clay bar and then apply Z1 and (I think) Z3 while lubing with the Zanio detail spray.... Apply more than one coat and watch the shine get deeper each time you rub in in to the finish

And then to detail my car I use Formula 113 X bead (Larry calls it the bubble gum stuff) Leaves hardly any resdue and really brings out the shine

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have never used the claybar on the Bullitt but did use the Meguiars Machine Glaze with the Porter Cable DA and got it to that "feels like glass" stage. I have tried a lot of waxes/polishes and the other day tried some Duragloss Clear Coat Polish and absolutely loved it. However, seems like a lot of folks here like the Zanio.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
bullitt890 said:
+1, they owe you a commission too, William. They have all sorts of cool detailing products. I haven't used the wax yet but have used the invisible undercarriage spray in the wheelwells and it works great....John R

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I am a fan of the Zaino products.

The tire stuff is great in particular. Apply with a damp rag, last long time.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I have never used the claybar on the Bullitt but did use the Meguiars Machine Glaze with the Porter Cable DA and got it to that "feels like glass" stage. I have tried a lot of waxes/polishes and the other day tried some Duragloss Clear Coat Polish and absolutely loved it. However, seems like a lot of folks here like the Zanio.
Duragloss is made in my home town by some personal friends of mine at Brother's Research. They really do make outstanding products!

·
Registered
23 Posts
2000 grit wetsand + high speed buffer= mirror finish

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If you have the money, and they are in your neck of the woods, try Ziebart's Diamond Gloss finish. Pretty pricey at $365 for the first application, but if you're looking for the ultimate wet look, this is it.

I had it done 3 times on 2679 ($150 each subsequent year) in 2002, 2003, and 2004. Since then, used only Meguiars NXT tech was to bring back and maintain the same shine.

2679 has won a dozen 1st place finishes at various car shows culminating with the Director's Award - Best in Show in Sept 2006.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
for ease of purchase and availibility. you go to autozone, pepboys, whatever auto parts store you like. you buy mequiar's mirror glaze #7, and #26. you can grab anybodys clay bar. good thorough wash. clay bar entire car. use number 7, apply in straight lines with foam or micro fibre applicator. remove 7 with no less than two towels. apply coat of # 26, in same manner as 7. in between 7 and 26, apply tire dressing. if you use spray or foam, this will give ample time to dry and you will wax off any residue that flies from spraying. stand back, open new ice cold beer, admire work. shouldnt take more than a couple hours.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
Zaino here.
Zaino here as well...various combinations of Z2, Z5 and Z8. Have heard great things about the Ziebart Diamond Gloss that SmokinBullitt (William) mentions.

·
Registered
372 Posts
1 up for Zaino. Don't buy into their 100 dollar package...just get the wax and you'll be happy. Easiest polish I've ever had to use w/ absolutely great resluts. I'm sure other things are better...but for the results and effort involved....this is where it's at IMO.

·
Registered
372 Posts
1 up for Zaino. Don't buy into their 100 dollar package...just get the wax and you'll be happy. Easiest polish I've ever had to use w/ absolutely great resluts. I'm sure other things are better...but for the results and effort involved....this is where it's at IMO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts