Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This made my GT handling so much better! Night and day difference. Car was lowered about an inch, I have an auto with a chip that firms the shifts and when it shifts into 2nd hard....the back end no longer goes way down, the car remains even! It no longer nose dives on hard braking, and stays flat in the corners..best $350 I ever spent. BTW, I still have that damn chirping! I was sure that doing this mod would get rid of it but it didnt. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. I am thinking about some Steeda upper and lower control arms for my next suspension mode.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
No offense! But this is the Bullitt club.
I think all other tech tips for non-bullitt
cars,,,even mustangs should be on another site like the mustang club! I have noticed lately, That I see more and more non-bullitt
mustangs and people trying to make fake bullitts on this site, Yes and you know who you are! I also have a 69 pontiac gto JUDGE
but you don't hear me talking about it here.
I like all mustangs. Dont' get me wrong but if you don't have a bullitt or are at least considering buying one than please find another web site! By the way. I also have a another mustang SVO competion car, would anyone like to hear about the coolant return I just replaced today in my garage. And how much better my SVO now runs with full boost?
NO, WHY WOULD YOU THIS IS THE BULLITT
CLUB!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-29 19:11, bullitt kev. wrote:
I think all other tech tips for non-bullitt
cars,,,even mustangs should be on another site like the mustang club! I have noticed lately, That I see more and more non-bullitt
mustangs and people trying to make fake bullitts on this site, Yes and you know who you are! I also have a 69 pontiac gto JUDGE
I like all mustangs. Dont' get me wrong but if you don't have a bullitt or are at least considering buying one than please find another web site! By the way. I also have a another mustang SVO competion car, would anyone like to hear about the coolant return I just replaced today in my garage. And how much better my SVO now runs with full boost?
CLUB!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Who p*ssed in your Wheaties this morning??? Lighten up!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-29 19:11, bullitt kev. wrote:
I also have a 69 pontiac gto JUDGE
And how much better my SVO now runs with full boost?
CLUB!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, I enjoyed Hoofbeat's post because it reminded me how much nicer our Bullitts handle than the stock GTs. I think posts like this have a place here, and Bullitt fans without Bullitts or plans to acquire also have a place.
The more appropriate location for the post may have been "Nadda Bullitt" rather than "Mods", though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I think we all need to step back and remeber it is a car. If you want to get technical, the 35th anniversary guy's got hosed to because the Bullitt shares some of these same parts, and I know of an individual who bought the 35th due to the then exclusitivity(sp?). Don't take the copy thing to seriously because Ford isn't!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kev, calm down.

To quote:

Lets try to get as many Bullitt owners (current, future, and hopefuls) in the Bullitt Club forums. Anyone interested in Bullitts, or Mustangs in general should be able to add and receive value here.

This is from one of the first posts on the club,by one of the moderators, and I think it kind of explains what the club is about. If you want to talk smack to the guy, just remind him that our cars are faster, more exclusive, blah blah blah...

Good luck with the GT, Hoofbeat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitbill on 2001-12-29 23:51 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
If any of you have looked at GT's prior to the Bullitt then you know why this put the suspension on, shame on Ford for not doing it in the first place!!! I think my car should set you back in the seat like my Buddies 2002 Lightning,and as soon as I figure out the best way for ME to do it I will be sure to post the results of Mustang GT aftermarket parts on my Bullitt!! Congrats on your suspension mod, one of the biggest reasons I never bought a stang was I would have to dump like a $1,000 in the suspension right off the bat no with the Bullitt I don't YET feel the need to go to adjustable shocks/struts. When it all comes down to it Those of us who own serialized Bullitts know who we are, so whats the big deal?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery...

is that how it goes?? hehe :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
There is no reason why any stang owner shouldn't feel welcomed here. After all our cars are GTs and like somebody else already said...remember it is a car. Hoofbeat, please don't let this discourage any future posts.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is an old saying. Be carefull what you ask for. You might just get it! If you don't want other Mustang owners on your sight then my guess is this sight will probably go away.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i can tell you RIGHT now that ALL stang owners are more than welcome here AND we talk about other Stangs besides Bullitts!!
someone who is new and has made 8 or 9 total posts needs to learn how to take a "back seat" and watch and listen how this site works BEFORE they shoot their mouth off!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-12-31 12:27 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts