Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or may have heard of this happening. When I drive my Bullitt for maybe a half or so and when I come to syop for a short amount of time I get a whiff of smoke coming from the back of the hood towards the windshield. I have shut off the engine and looked under the hood and found nothing. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Did you change your oil lately? I could be that some oil got on the Exaust manifolds and is burning off.

That or something got on them. Other than that I can only think of really bad stuff and I'm sure you don't want to hear that.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Could be a pin hole in just about any "oil" filled pressurized line. Brake, steering, fuel, what ever. Check them all. I had a power steering hose with a pinhole leak when a got a "new" pickup. It was a new hose. And I did not suspect the thing. Finally took it to a garage, and they found it in about five minutes. Replaced the hose and the smoke and stink em went away after a few minutes of driving.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Could it be coolant vapor????? If so it will have sweet smell, if is is oil it will smell like burnt oil stench....

Check the valley below the intake for mosture

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you have access to a lift then get it up in the air. You should have an answer rather quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts