Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Bullitt intake in my 01 GT. I know that might offend some ppl.........But anyway, apparently the heater return tube that runs in the valley, under the intake, up next to the drv. side head, is different on the Bullitt. Every Ford dealer that i have talked to cannot come up with a part number for that tube. I had to bend mine around to make the intake fit, but i would rather have the correct part in there. Heater hose is another option. Here is a link to what the tube looks like on a GT. http://www.staphonline.com/images/bullitt/01heads.jpg Hopefully someone here can help me. By the way, my car is going to stay a GT...........no fake Bullitt badges or gas caps etc...........Just happen to like the intake you all already have.

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
No offence taken here. That intake is a world better then the plastic ones that came on the GT's. It amy be a bit hard to track that little guy down though as most of us haven't torn our engines down yet. A few people may be getting the intakes extrude honed this winter so you may have a better chance getting that number once the work begins.

But I do remember seeing a couple posts on stangnet about this.. the number they give is.. 2R3Z 18663 CA - Hose Assem

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?s=0889b704c9c2bee57c6ca037bfaa2f42&threadid=89329

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-10-30 16:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blakwing. The only part of the tube that hits the intake is the 90 degree bend toward the front. The tube needs that bend to be closer to the front and it would be out of the way. Maybe someone could snap a pic of that space near the front of the intake so that i could see what the front of the tube looks like. On my GT you could see the tube without removing anything. Speaking of Extrude Hone........The pieces are on their way there as I type. It should turn out nice. Appreciate any help i can get here. Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe I didn't see that pic the first time i saw your reply!!!!!! Thanks a ton !!!!! Now i can stop beating my head against the wall. wooohooo!!!!!

thanks again ,
Gary

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey 01, no offense taken here!
everyone likes to have perfomance improvements to their stang!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts