Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It figures.....I am at a training class in Vienna, VA near Washington D.C. and my girlfriend has called me twice in the last two days to tell me she has spotted a Bullitt. Yesterday she saw a black one right by my house and today she spotted a green one on her way to work. (I taught her well):) This is killing me, I have yet to spot a Bullitt on the road. I did see one on a transport carrier cruising on I-80 outside of Sacramento, CA, but I don't count it because I want to see it driving on the street. She calls me all excited and then describes in detail how she knew it was a Bullitt. It's hysterical, she gets almost as excited as I do. She said she almost got the nerve to follow one of the guys and tell him about Bullittclub, but she chickened out at the last moment. He caught her staring at his car at the light and I think she was afraid he would think she was hitting on him.

I haven't seen a Bullit in VA yet, but I know several of you are out there so I'll keep looking.

BTW- I can't beleive the p.o.s. I have to drive while here. The car rental place tried to give me a Suzuki Esteem and I told them it smelled bad so they put me in a white Toyota Corolla. It's so embarrassing :sad:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was thinking we should have little Bullitclub cards to stick under the windshield wipers if we see one parked...or in the glove box of em at the dealers =)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey 208,

I blew right past Vienna today on 66 doing about 70, didn't you hear me go by? :wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
You have your wife trained better than I have mine. We just got back from a road trip to Galveston, TX (long drive), and my wife kept pointing out fixed up V6's and asking "is that a Bullitt?". You would think that after looking at 1164 for two months she would know better. I guess I have more work to do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tlatoani,

I agee with you. We should have "business" cards for Bullittclub.com to hand out to other Bullitt owners who may not know about this site.

I'll bet bob 1NastyFordGt can whip something out. (A business card please, leave your fly zipped)

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-08-16 09:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-08-16 09:06 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Good thing you clarified that, Eric! Bob, another project for you in the making? :smile: That is a pretty good idea, tho,don't ya think?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rarecat,

Somehow I missed your fly-by. There is a Ford dealer, "Tyson's Ford," right next to the building I'm in I think I might wander over there to see if they have any Bullitts.

I'll be sure to leavfe the windows down on the "Corolla/shame box" to listen for a speeding Bullitt.

Eric

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know how you feel. I have had the chance to see 2 Bullitts. Unfortunately they parked, so I never found out who the owner was. I'm still waiting to see one actually on the road. I'd love to hear how they sound from the outside. Iknow there out here. My brother tells me nearly on a daily basis that he's seen a Bullitt

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Did someone say Bullittclub Business cards?
Just a thought

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-08-16 14:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
We did a card up for the local Audi group.
Someone created a Word Doc and used that Avery template for the business cards. That way everyone who wanted to participate could by buying the card stock.

We input some graphics and the URL for the mailing list. It also had a 'mission statement' as well.

Worked pretty good- we're up to 120 people on the local list.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Outstanding Mid Life, find out what it would cost to produce about 500 or so and get a feel for who would oder. I personally would take 20 or more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OKCBULLITT on 2001-08-16 14:59 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
awesome Mid Life, creative, cool, and professional

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Thanks everyone, I was only thinking about making them to print at home from the computer, but I checked on line just to get an idea of pricing
250 $75.99
500 $85.49
1000 $94.99
2000 $142.49

Who knows they might end up like trading cards.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Ya, that sounds pretty expensive! If you could make the pictures smaller and then print them up on your printer, that would work, wouldn't it? And get the right kind of paper to print them onto........ Hummm I might have found another project for hubby here! :-B

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper to print them yourself, but then you might want to print in B&W because color would take a lot longer and you might have to use more expensive paper.
Just my .02 worth.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Check out www.vistaprint.com You can get free cards done and you only pay the shipping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts