Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The super chip I ordered for my Bullitt is in and I will get it tomorrow. Has anyone out there ever removed the door sill and kick panel on their Bullitt? They look like they "snap" in and out, but I'm not sure and don't want to break anything.

Any comments/help/advice, etc., etc., etc...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, but I already bought the chip. Diablo, I believe, explains were the box is located and I just wanted to know if the plastic sill cover and kick plat snap in and where to pry them off so nothing (plastic) is broken. I seem to always break something when it comes to pulling trim parts off.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
OK,here is how it goes.. First the sill plate just snaps off,it has a couple of locating posts. The kick panel is removed by first CAREFULLY removing the plastic push retainer. I made up a thin flat piece of steel,with a slot cutout to grap under the head of the retainer, be sure to put some duct tape on the bottom of it so it won't scratch the panel. Kick plate pulls right out,it has two locating/locking post where it meets the door jamb area. NOTE: REMOVE the white plastic computer retainer bracket completely,as the top of it will interfer and upset the SuperChip module!!! I found out the hard way! Now go get your hands dirty and make that Bullitt scream!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-09-03 20:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-09-03 20:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
The kick panel comes off without any tools. Just slip your fingers under it at the bottom and pull. The retainer pops right out. Of course...do this after partially poping off the door sill. There will be three electrical connectors that you will need to pop off to get access to the bolt holding the wiring harness to the bottom of the computer. Also, you should reuse the white retainer for the computer. Just take an 8" piece of clear packaging tape and run it up one side of the computer and then over the superchip and then down the other side of the computer. This will hold the superchip in place while you slip it back in the white retainer. You will need to use a slightly longer sheet metal screw to fasten the white retainer. One last tip...go easy on cleaning the edge connector. You can wear through a couple of connector pads in a heartbeat if you are not paying attention.

John

#2731 True Blue
Bassani X Pipe w/Cats
Magnaflows (wielded in)
Aluminum Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
GT Fog Lights / Tinted Windows
MGW LTD - Interior Pieces
StonGard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-09-04 06:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to all! I will do the deed tomorrow morning. Have any who have installed the chip noticed a difference in performance? If it works, I plan on one for my 5.4 Expedition and maybe my F-250 diesel.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What is this superchip you are talking about? If it's anything like the Diablo chip you will see no noticeable gains. Please post a link to this superchip so that I can take a look at the specs. Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Super Chip is another brand of performance chip similiar to the Diablo. Have you installed a Diablo? If so, and no increase in performance; did you contact Diablo? I believe I read that others who have installed the chip have noticed a change.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You will notice a difference. The chip basically advances the timing and adjusts the air/fuel mixture accordingly. Superchips claims a 10% gain in HP and torque. My SOTP meter says about half that.

John

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
With the Superchip I used,which was programed by Paul's HighPerformance,I noticed on the dyno tests only a couple of HP at WOT in the 2500 to 4000 RPM range. I picked up 5 HP at the peak power RPM,5000, BUT,the power stayed up thru 5800 RPM,as much as 15-18 HP over stock beyond the peak. This will show up at the track. Also part-throttle performance improved thru the gears. We noticed the Ford programming goes rich beyond 4000 RPM. The chip held the A/F Ratio flat at 12.9 at WOT thru out the entire range to redline.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good News!!!!! I got the Superchip installed and the Bullitt started up the first time so, I must have cleaned the contacts good enough.

Bad News!!!!!! It rained all afternoon and I didn't want to check it out on wet roads. So, I'll do it tomorrow. The install wasn't too bad. You definately need a 12 point 6mm socket to undo the white holder for the computer module. I didn't have a 12 point, but a 6 point 7/32 worked fine.

I'll report my unprofessional opinion on performance tomorrow.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, you caught me at a bad time for the computer code! It's 9:15pm, my Dell 7500 is on my lap and my body is semi-reclined in the old lazy-boy. I'll put the code up either later tonight or in the morning.

My unprofessional "layman's" opinion of the Superchip is.......AAAAWWWSOME!!!

I cannot believe how much more torque the unit has. First gear took a lot of feathering of the clutch to save my tires. Secong gear is a totally different trip than before and I don't have any times, but I was definately ramping the R's up to 5500 a lot faster than before. The car is absolutely stronger than before with noticably more torque!

So, bottom line is I am glad I spent the $240.00 on the chip.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The computer code and program code for my Bullitt is KSG1-RS.

bda,bda,bda.....that's it folks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Look in the passengers door frame for a sticker with your computer code. Mine is KSG2

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-09-07 08:36 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts