Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't we all need our own "Bullitt" T-shirt?? After searching "www.Fordcollection.com" I sent them an email asking about a Bullitt T-shirt. They were kind enough to reply and said they are negotiating with the McQueen Family for the one-time rights for a t-shirt and that I should check back in the fall of this year. Maybe if they got LOTS of requests, things might move forward. :wink:

·
Premium Member
13,063 Posts
same old story they have said since 2001......the rights for use of Bullitt have been impossible, if not cost prohibitive to obtain and they (McQueen/WB) are very active with cease and desist orders for those who use it without permission.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,839 Posts
hisnhers said:
Don't we all need our own "Bullitt" T-shirt?? After searching "www.Fordcollection.com" I sent them an email asking about a Bullitt T-shirt. They were kind enough to reply and said they are negotiating with the McQueen Family for the one-time rights for a t-shirt and that I should check back in the fall of this year. Maybe if they got LOTS of requests, things might move forward. :wink:
A "write-in campaign" is a great idea. Can you give us the proper address to send it to?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Do they own "BULLITTHEAD"? Maybe something along that line. No Bullitt picture, just BULLITTHEAD, and some pithy comment. Maybe a contest for the comment/slogan.

·
40,839 Posts
letter to Ford

FEEL FREE TO CUT AND PASTE THIS AS YOU SEE FIT AND FORWARD TO: [email protected]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Some of the members of International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (IMBOC) have previously inquired as to the release of a special "Bullitt" T-Shirt. One member states that you were negotiating with the McQueen family for rights and release of the shirts could come in the fall.

I know I speak for every owner of the awesome Bullitt, when I say that they would sell out faster than the ink on them had time to dry. Please advise me as to the status of these shirts and I will post that information on our website promptly. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Jim XXXXXX (IMBOC member)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
In today's world, it is very easy to make your own T-Shirt. There are many places including Wally World that sales the tranfers which uses an ink jet printer to create custom transfers. Just take pictures of your car and create the transfer. Iron onto the shirt and you have a custom Bullitt shirt. For mine, I (or to be more truthful my daughter) took a picture of the Bullitt Data Plate and created a small transfer that was ironed over the pocket. On the back, we created a larger picture of the car. Created a custom T-Shirt featuring the Bullitt plate and the actual car. Turned out better then expected.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
In today's world, it is very easy to make your own T-Shirt. There are many places including Wally World that sales the tranfers which uses an ink jet printer to create custom transfers. Just take pictures of your car and create the transfer. Iron onto the shirt and you have a custom Bullitt shirt. For mine, I (or to be more truthful my daughter) took a picture of the Bullitt Data Plate and created a small transfer that was ironed over the pocket. On the back, we created a larger picture of the car. Created a custom T-Shirt featuring the Bullitt plate and the actual car. Turned out better then expected.
What's the quality these days? I haven't tried it in about 9 years but I wasn't real happy with the results.

·
40,839 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
You're right about making up a custom T-Shirt, but I think the issue here is uniformity. If we all had the same shirt we would instantly recognize other Bullittheads at carshows and events. If enough of us were gathered in one spot, we'd look like an Army! :)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
BigBullitt said:
What's the quality these days? I haven't tried it in about 9 years but I wasn't real happy with the results.
My Kids have made several of these shirts recently. As part of 4H and church, etc. they have given several presentations and completed in competition and they created shirts that matched what they are taking about (and judges have commented how well their shirts matched the subjects). The shirts come out very bright and look good. What I cannot comment on is how well they will hold up in washing and long term. One benefit is since it is printed off the computer, you can always create another one using a different color shirt. (Guess what color the bullitt shirt is :wink: )

This is for creating "one off" shirts and would not work very well for create bulk copies (that color ink is not cheap). As long as you are just creating one for yourself and not making money, I don't think anyone would be concerned about copyright. But, maybe not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.