Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found another place that says that our cars are bullitts on the bottom of the stock air box(the thing you take out to replace the filter) there is a tag that says something like

1R3U-9C662-DA

BULLITT 1EA

at least its on mine anybody else

·
Registered
123 Posts
#4601 has it too. Wonder why it's marked that way, doesn't look any different from the GT piece.

At least the Concours judges will have some way of confirmation now, until the Repro sticker industry gets wind of it.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Under the front bumper in the middle mine has a sticker that says bullitt with the paint code and other information.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody notice the black ink/paint coming off of there holographic sticker on the shock tower? Mine used to say 03651 now all I can make out is . 651 The dot represents the last remaining speck of black ink where the 03 once was. Can't believe this is just printed ON the sticker not actually IN the sticker. I used Simple Green in the engine bay and used a hand spray carwash to wash engine before a detail session. I suspect that did it. Be carefull!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
BLKBLIT,

Search the forums for the serial number sticker. You'll find it fascinating reading.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-04 21:59, BLKBLIT wrote:
Anybody notice the black ink/paint coming off of there holographic sticker on the shock tower? Mine used to say 03651 now all I can make out is . 651 The dot represents the last remaining speck of black ink where the 03 once was. Can't believe this is just printed ON the sticker not actually IN the sticker. I used Simple Green in the engine bay and used a hand spray carwash to wash engine before a detail session. I suspect that did it. Be carefull!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a shame that new guys that come here have missed some really important issues. Maybe there should be a section on the site that would contain mandatory (for the new members own good :grin: ) reading. Topics that would be included would be: don't wash your ID tag, tighten the tranny bolts, check lug nuts, etc. Something like that might have saved BLKBLIT's ID number. Just an idea.

·
Registered
360 Posts
And a good one, Y2K. How about it, webmaster? Is it do-able?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts